New to muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome:welcome to the forum from NC, enjoy and ask away with any questions.
Will do sir me and little brother are full of questions but really love black poder guns old and new ,but we favor old style guns of any kind im strongly considering selling my ar9 I built just cause for a lever action in 45/70

Welcome! I think the nipple thread size for a Lyman Deerstalker is: 6mm X 0.75mm if you are looking to replace it.
Oh thank you very much I'll probably buy the mag spark but I'm going to keep my #11 nipple

Dustin, consider keeping things simple initially. Buy a box of .490 round balls, some .015 patches, a can of Track of the Wolf‘s Mink Oil, one pound of 3f powder (doesn’t foul as much as 2F) and some #11 magnum caps. Start out with 60 grains of powder and work up from there in 5 grain increments until you find what your particular gun likes. By the time you finish that pound of powder you will know what things you may or may not want to change on your gun. Have fun… ~Dave

Dustin, consider keeping things simple initially. Buy a box of .490 round balls, some .015 patches, a can of Track of the Wolf‘s Mink Oil, one pound of 3f powder (doesn’t foul as much as 2F) and some #11 magnum caps. Start out with 60 grains of powder and work up from there in 5 grain increments until you find what your particular gun likes. By the time you finish that pound of powder you will know what things you may or may not want to change on your gun. Have fun… ~Dave
Oh ok thank you for the information I will definitely get all these items and try it out and let ya know what all works out

Welcome to the forum Dustin. You will really like this great bunch of guys. You know the old saying. You can't pick your relatives. I have the same gun. Mine shoots great with a saboted 240-250 grn Hornady xtp.

Welcome to the forum Dustin. You will really like this great bunch of guys. You know the old saying. You can't pick your relatives. I have the same gun. Mine shoots great with a saboted 240-250 grn Hornady xtp.
I believe I have these Hornady ill have to cheak my little gun cabinet and make sure but thank you for the feedback on that cause I was like man now can't use these bullets going to need another muzzle loader not that I mind getting another one have one more traditional and the other more modern

I believe I have these Hornady ill have to cheak my little gun cabinet and make sure but thank you for the feedback on that cause I was like man now can't use these bullets going to need another muzzle loader not that I mind getting another one have one more traditional and the other more modern
I just about bet that the xtp's have killed more deer than any other bullet.

Latest posts

Back