New Winchester 209 Primer for use with T-7...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Saw some new Winchester 209 Primers with info on packing that it is to be use with Triple Seven Powder... Are these any better than the Other Winchester 209 Primers???

Will the closing of the Winchester Firearms Factory have any effect on getting the Winchester 209 Primers in the future??? Since they have the new 209 Triple Seven Primers out now???

Any one use of test these over the older ones or against the New Remington ones??? I currently use the older Winchester 209 Primers and have two packages of them but with having a new Disc Elite that needs sighting in and testing powder charges and sabots I might quickly use them up once I get started...

Just wondering if any others have seen these yet...

LFM

I wonder if this is what was refferred to on the DVD by CVA that came with my ML???
They talked about(but did not give any refferences to facts) Regular 209 Primers possibly being Too Hot and that there were primers becoming availible that had a reduced amount of Fomite for ML's :?: :?: :?:
Maybe someone with technical knowledge could give us the "What's Up" here.

Will the closing of the Winchester Firearms Factory have any effect on getting the Winchester 209 Primers in the future??? Since they have the new 209 Triple Seven Primers out now???

The Winchester Arms and Winchester Ammo are two completely different companies. The closing will have no effect on the production of Winchester primers.

LFM...you asked another question previously that I forgot about....I think T7 does make 30 gr pellets...finding them might be a different story. Might have to order....Midsouth shooters supply lists them.

Also about using/shooting bonded vs non bonded shock waves....the point of impact might be different between the two...you will just have to shoot them to see. Good luck.

Harry1,

Looks like I will have to locate the T-7 30 Grain Pellets locally, since there is a additional cost for shipping of this hazardous item of $20.00 added to it.. for a 21.18 price which just about doubles the costs...

Thanks though...

Regards,
Mike / LFM

LM but that box has 100 pellets in it for 50/30 they still are not making them in 44/45 cal yet . I found some of the 50/30 777 at Gander Mountian here in Wisconsin .
Charlie

I gues it is all up to what Gander Mountain you have near you... I have been stopping at the one nearest me about 30 minutes away and they yet to have these... I guess it is up to the store Manager and what sells there... I contacted Bass Pro / Outdoor World and they advised they won't carry them only the 50 Grain yet they carry the Pyrodex in 50 and 30 grain pellets... I guess they don't think they will be a hot item for them yet there is only one Bass Pro here in Michigan...It is also 30 minutes away...

Measuring loose powder is the only way to get charges in 80, 90 nd 110 since I can only get 50 grain pellets. I guess 100 grains is all I will try for now... Maybe I will locate them at other Sporting Goods Stores though it is not looking good...

Thanks I will check other stores and see what they might carry...

Mike/LFM

I wish I was up on all that of measuring my own powder but I am trying to keep this sport simple as p[ossible at least for me. My time off (vacation) is all used for Big Game Hunting and it is only 10 days a year I do get some weekend time but it is rush to squeeze much in over a weekend and I also bow hunt so keeping as simple as I can and still do it is why I use the Pellets maybe one day but for now the Pellets is the way for me and figuring out what the differences in volume vs grains is a whole nother learning curve. Since I have Muzzleloaded as a novice but want to take it a little more serious since I bought a Knight Disc Rifle otherwise I could just go back to my Centerfire Remington Bolt Action 30.06 but thought this as a new challenge I would take on...

Thanks for the places I might find these 30 grain pellets no luck so far but I have a few more places I can try...

Mike / LFM

Back