newb

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutnuts

Reaction score
Hello everyone just joined the forum I have alot to learn. Presently shooting traditions lightning 50 cal. with open sights. Bushnell trophy XLT doa 250 sitting in box for gift my wife is giveing me for Christmas. The reason the rifle isn't scoped already is when I first got the rifle scopes wern't aloud on ml since its changed I haven't gotten one until now. Decided to give up the center fire route and go the way of ml's. The reason why I call myself a newb is New York's ml season is only a week long the only time I really had an oppertunity to go was on that Saterday thats why I got alittle frustrated at the season and stopped going. This year was the first time I went the entire rifle season using it and not my 30-06 or 35. Been doing alot of research and thinking of getting a newer ml as a gift for myself this year need advice. Money is a bit of an issue so TC is probably not in the picture. Having a traditions looking at the vortek ultralight also looking at the cva accura and optima cabelas is have pretty good deals on them right now need some advice on any of them. Thanks guys hope to be talking to to many of you soon.

Welcome to the forum.

I have a CVA Optima .50 caliber SS barrel, and scoped. I only paid $209.00 for the rifle and was a little leery about it. I too have read all the "reports" of quality and dependability of the CVA line. But I have to say, it is one of my favorite to shoot inlines. It really does a good job. Easy to clean, nice to handle and a very accurate rifle for my hunting needs. And seems well made. For the money I think I got a heck of a deal.

:partyman:

WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Glad you found the place :D I'm sure you'll like it here :yeah:

Ray........ :wink:

I bought a CVA Optima V2 from Cabela's this fall and I am very happy I did and I am very happy with it.
Like Cayuga said, "It really does a good job. Easy to clean, nice to handle and a very accurate rifle for my hunting needs. And seems well made. For the money I think I got a heck of a deal."
In fact I was able to take a nice Doe with mine. The first and only deer that was legal to shoot that I saw this season.

Latest posts

Back