nikon rimfire classic 4x32 ok for muzzleloader?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8dawg6

Reaction score
i just purchased a nikon prostaff 4x32 scope for my knight muzzleloader. when i got home, i saw that this scope is actually called the "rimfire classic." does this mean that it can only be used on a .22? i have sent an inquiry to nikon asking the same question.

my initial thought is yes, this scope can only be used on rimfire rifles. however, several facts suggest otherwise. first, i read on several internet websites that the "rimfire classic" has become popular with centerfire and muzzleloading hunters. second, i had to go to three different wal-marts before i found one that was not sold out of this scope. if this is a $100 scope that can only be used on .22's, then how on earth are they selling so many??? finally, there are two other models of the nikon prostaff scopes, neither one is termed a "rimfire classic," and i cannot see any difference between the scopes aside from the fact that the "rimfire classic" is fixed power.

also, if the rimfire classic is for rimfires only, wouldn't it say so somewhere in the packaging on in the instructions? thanks in advance for any input.

It is probably simply a matter of where it is set at the factory to be parallax free. Typically scopes made for centerfires are set to be parallax free at either 100 or 200 yds depending on manufacturer and rimfires are set to be parallax free at either 50 or 75 yds. Of course I am speaking of scopes without adjustable objectives. IMO your scope should be fine.

this scope is parallax set at 50 yds. its really perfect for my uses, since i don't shoot the 150 grain charges and my self-imposed maximum muzzleloader range is about 125 yds.

Latest posts

Back