No Excuse Sabot bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSalyards

Reaction score
Just got an email from them. Their using Harvester crush ribs and 2 different bullets, flat base and boat tail in several different weights. Anybody tried them?

New for 2018. 50 Caliber sabots incorporating Harvester crush rib sleeves and our newest solid lead .451 boat tail based bullets. Excellent for large game and provides excellent penetration. Available in 250, 300, 350 and 400 grain bullets.
$32.95/50
https://www.muzzleloading-bullets.com/p ... ry/sabots/
300-bt-a-1.png

300-fb.png

They look a lot like the old Buffalo Bullet Company 375 gr SSB and the Lightfield Spitzer Boattail Alpha Gold 300.

Also a bit like the old White Shooting Star/Power Start Saboted Bullets.

All swaged from lead wire.

Never shot the Lightfield Bullets, but the Buffalo Bullet SSB and White SS/PS Bullets shoot outstanding.

Those BT look like PR bullets without tip and they look like good bullets.

They are brand new (couple weeks old). We are still tinkering with weights and sabot sleeves. Preliminary results look promising. Haven't figured out how to attach a photo but 330 grain BT at 1850 fps -four of the five clover leafing with one "jerked shot"-just outside the clover leaf. I'd love to hear your comments/rtecommendations (after or before you shoot them). Dave

muzzleloading-bullets.com

240gr to 260gr 40cal might be interesting. 1-30 twist or faster should be able to handle a all lead 240gr. Those of us with faster twists would probably prefer a little more weight.

I have some 250gr flats on the way. Will start out with 90gr of BH 209 and go from there. I’m expecting good results

I just ordered 2 boxes of the 300 gr flats, will see how they shoot in my Knight MHC .50 and a couple others.

Dave have you thought about selling the bullets w/o the sabots?

Just a FYI item: Buffalo Bullet Co. is back now located in Carson City, NV. The plan is to reintroduce the complete line of projectiles over time. Right now they are starting with the .50 cal 385gr. hollow base hollow point and the .50 cal ball-et. They used to have some really long petal sabots which were great for heavier weight cast bullets.

tried their web page and seems like nothings for sale yet or at least no links to be able to check prices etc.

admiral said:
Just a FYI item: Buffalo Bullet Co. is back now located in Carson City, NV. The plan is to reintroduce the complete line of projectiles over time. Right now they are starting with the .50 cal 385gr. hollow base hollow point and the .50 cal ball-et. They used to have some really long petal sabots which were great for heavier weight cast bullets.

I received the 250’s today. Won’t let me attach the picture but these are great looking bullets. I’m looking forward to putting some down range.

These are great looking bullets!

Attachments

• 19AD5042-D3DB-4EAD-B568-2A5E03214BE5.jpeg
    19AD5042-D3DB-4EAD-B568-2A5E03214BE5.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 201
received my sabots today they are good looking bullets and on the plus side they look like they are going to fit sabotless perfect in my White .451 so hopefully Dave might start offering these w/o sabots.

dbowling said:
received my sabots today they are good looking bullets and on the plus side they look like they are going to fit sabotless perfect in my White .451 so hopefully Dave might start offering these w/o sabots.
I would be cautious about shooting in a rifle without sabot or Paper Patch. It could lead your Rifle

Latest posts

Back