Older Knight breech plug removal no tool?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby5

Reaction score
I’ve searched on here and saw were on the newer knights you can use a 7/16 deep well 1/4 to remove the breech plug on mine that won’t work. I have a older mid 90’s knight and misplaced the tool and was wondering how I can remove the breech plug. I really don’t want to buy one because I’d just replace it with a breech plug I can use a wrench on so I just need to get it out once. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

you can grind a old chisel down to fit in the slot then put vise grips on it to break loose or weld a socket to end of chisel and use a ratchet..at least that's what I did on one of mine.

You can buy a large screw driver bit that fits into a socket, then use your rachet and an extension to get it out.

Thanks a lot for the feedback I think I can get it with a large screwdriver. What’s a good way to remove the nipple without a tool ?

I built one from a long 5/8 diameter bolt for a friend. Cut the threads off and milled the flats on it. You could file the flats on also. Unlike a tapered blade screwdriver it gives 100% purchase on the slot and won't damage the plug.

I found the longer tool for the Knight breech plug has the nipple removal at one end the hex head at the other will be in the mail today or tomorrow Lou

Back when I had a few of those slotted BP's I just bought a couple of items combined them into a ratchet tool

Tool.jpg

BP-Tool.jpg

Works really well

I’ve searched on here and saw were on the newer knights you can use a 7/16 deep well 1/4 to remove the breech plug on mine that won’t work. I have a older mid 90’s knight and misplaced the tool and was wondering how I can remove the breech plug. I really don’t want to buy one because I’d just replace it with a breech plug I can use a wrench on so I just need to get it out once. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Which one do you need?

Attachments

• DSCN0916.JPG
    DSCN0916.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the reply’s Ourway77 is gonna send me one. Thanks for all the help this forum is good as it gets.

I built one from a long 5/8 diameter bolt for a friend. Cut the threads off and milled the flats on it. You could file the flats on also. Unlike a tapered blade screwdriver it gives 100% purchase on the slot and won't damage the plug.
I am trying to make a tool from a 12mm socket. Do you know or can you provide the dimensions of the slot. Depth and width. Photo for reference only. Not my breech plug. Thanks

Attachments

• 355BCC3D-F3EA-4AC7-9550-8FFC4B6FDD55.png
    355BCC3D-F3EA-4AC7-9550-8FFC4B6FDD55.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back