Omega.45 caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slugged the bore. It's .451. A standard TC Maxiball is a nice tight fit. I'm hoping to get the ELR's to shoot out of this.

sorry about those upside down/sideways photos. This computer has a mind of its own.

Last edited:
Good point! The firing pin area is the only place I found any powder residue in my Omega. Otherwise it was almost spotless. There was one tiny place along the action where it attached to the barrel. The weathershield looked like rust was starting. I cleaned it up, put synthetic oil on it and so far looks good.

I wish that Omega stock for sale would fit a CVA 45 kodiak magnum.IT is camo from thefactory but it is a straight stock.
I hear ya, its a shame it won't fit on your Kodiak. I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier, or I'd have gotten it. It is very nice looking & I haven't seen that color of laminate in Boyds line up or Richards.

Good point! The firing pin area is the only place I found any powder residue in my Omega. Otherwise it was almost spotless. There was one tiny place along the action where it attached to the barrel. The weathershield looked like rust was starting. I cleaned it up, put synthetic oil on it and so far looks good.
it took awhile but I was able to pull it apart last night. Not sure the screw had ever been removed. Zero residue found. I’m not going to say it’s never been shot but if it has it hasn’t been much. Either that or it was cleaned better than any muzzleloader I have ever held in my hands lol.A90EC724-6B1A-4CA5-A6AC-28082A5B9B82.jpeg

I wish that Omega stock for sale would fit a CVA 45 kodiak magnum.IT is camo from thefactory but it is a straight stock.
I think that boyds made one a long time ago. I found one on ebay about 10-12 years ago but never got it fitted to my kodiak at the time. Eventually sold the gun with it and the factory stock. The fit was so bad it very well could have been an Omega stock. I may have to see how close an Omega stock is to a Kodiak since ive go both guns now.

I think that boyds made one a long time ago. I found one on ebay about 10-12 years ago but never got it fitted to my kodiak at the time. Eventually sold the gun with it and the factory stock. The fit was so bad it very well could have been an Omega stock. I may have to see how close an Omega stock is to a Kodiak since ive go both guns now.
There ya go bro, that would be interesting to hear about what you find.

ok...so I bought the 7 packs of ELR's from my buddy Bendback in FL. Can anyone that has shot these give me an approximate place to start? I have 5 jugs of Blackhorn 209 itching to be opened....

Latest posts

Back