Omega.45 caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad he didn't put the twist rate in the auction listing. Nothing but his word against the buyer if it's not 1:20.

I bought one from this guy last year and he said the bore was “like a mirror” for it to have pitting in the breech area. When I received and questioned him, he said “well that’s not the bore” and he refused to return his shipping charges Anne me pay shipping back to him.
but I did send a message and question him about his “bore shines like a mirror” this time and he said that the whole rifled portion is as a mirror.

Yeah, It is a shame that he didn’t provide any photos of the Breech Plug Threads

he added it a couple days after the auction started so it is there. But from past experience don’t expect GB to help in any disputes.

Yeah, most auction sites won't help. My BIL recently purchased a rifle off one, it came in with a cracked stock. When he called the seller about it, the seller said "well yeah, that's why I offered it for so cheap" - and get this, after the auction the seller ADDED a comment that it had a broken stock. Luckily, when the seller was called out on it, he offered to take it back and pay the shipping also.

ALWAYS print out the ad of anything you bid on, or buy. Its likely the only defense you have against a bad deal.

With shipping, shipping insurance and state taxes it’s 699.00. O-ringed Omega breach plug and ballistic bridge sub-base is going to be tested before I cut off the QLA. (Thanks MichiganMuzzy)
Congratulations, if I wasn’t on woodmans brux barrel list for my omega, I probably would have bid on it.I hope she shoots great for you

With shipping, shipping insurance and state taxes it’s 699.00. O-ringed Omega breach plug and ballistic bridge sub-base is going to be tested before I cut off the QLA. (Thanks MichiganMuzzy)
O ring breach plug ??

O ring breach plug ??
yes. An o-ring in the primer pocket that eliminates blowback due to tighter lock-up. If I am am not satisfied with that I will go the Bestill breach plug route.

Last edited:
What size o ring are you using, is it for the stock plug?
o-rings from McMaster-Carr. Their part number is 9262K611
I just stick one into the primer pocket and its good for 20-40 shots. Depending on the load pressure. It makes it noticably harder to snap the rifle shut but makes for a very clean breech. yes it fits the stock breach plug.

Congratulations, if I wasn’t on woodmans brux barrel list for my omega, I probably would have bid on it.I hope she shoots great for you

that’s why I only went to $575. Waiting on those brux barrels. No need to spend too much on a BP barrel, when I can get one that will shoot smokeless for about the same. I have 5 actions, don’t need another…

o-rings from McMaster-Carr. Their part number is 9262K611
I just stick one into the primer pocket and its good for 20-40 shots. Depending on the load pressure. It makes it noticably harder to snap the rifle shut but makes for a very clean breech. yes it fits the stock breach plug.
Ill have to try that ,thanks

Latest posts

Back