Omega at the Range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that have had your Omega QLA's cut off. How much did it cost with the cutting, re-crowning and reinstallation of front sight?
I've rarely heard about a guy here or there that cut the QLA off his TC in gen or Omega in particular ( I regularly shot & hunted with several other very happy Omega owners )
How much of an accuracy increase do you think one would gain from removing that 1" enlarged bore muzzle vs the cost of doing it? They are not tac drivers, fact. but they are amazing med/close range user friendly hunting ML's no doubt. Kind regards

Semisane had a good write-up on another forum about removing a QLA. I'm not sure if it ever got posted here on MM. I may do it someday when I have time, I really don't like them. I have read where it improved accuracy a little with sabot loads and others noticed no change in accuracy with sabots.

Semisane had a good write-up on another forum about removing a QLA. I'm not sure if it ever got posted here on MM. I may do it someday when I have time, I really don't like them. I have read where it improved accuracy a little with sabot loads and others noticed no change in accuracy with sabots.
What i.d. are those qla's ?? Has anybody had one trued up to bore and made a brake outa one ?? That might be pretty nice when loaded hot . As long as its smaller than .020 over youd be in !!!

What i.d. are those qla's ?? Has anybody had one trued up to bore and made a brake outa one ?? That might be pretty nice when loaded hot . As long as its smaller than .020 over youd be in !!!
Mine measured .516

I had a traditions with a ported QLA, I hated it, it would take chunks out of the base of the sabot, it didn't seem to affect accuracy though.

Mine measured .516

I had a traditions with a ported QLA, I hated it, it would take chunks out of the base of the sabot, it didn't seem to affect accuracy though.
Yea its not the best style for a brake but if its centered a budget radial job could be had . Shot a guys plastic stocked ,fluted barreled 50 one time and it was pretty light . He was loaded with 325gr ftx and 130gr of bh209 and it could have used a brake i thought . But he still had a factory pad too so it kicked pretty good . Drove tacks though !!! I really like the Omega , but the Contender Not At All !!! Never have cared for them things or been impressed with how they feel !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back