Omega dream season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
I bought a new Omega Dream Season .50 cal for $370 today . Is that a good deal ? The barrel is considerably shorter and obviously stock is different . Also barrel is kind of octagon. Did TC make another Omega like this or is the Omega Dream Season by themselves ?

That's a good price . The Dream season was a Drury Brothers deal . It should have a 26 inch barrel though , fluted and the flex tech stock. They were the weather coat though not stainless if I remember right .
The x7 had a short barrel , I wonder if that's a real dream season ? Never knew there was one in any other length than 26"

It has a Drury Outdoors tag on the gun . Its new in the box. The box says 26 "SST Fluted/Comp. .50 cal . I assume SST means stainless steel ? It sure looks like stainless . What is the normal length of a Omega ? 26 inches as short as they come

Dougs136Schwartz said:
It has a Drury Outdoors tag on the gun . Its new in the box. The box says 26 "SST Fluted/Comp. .50 cal . I assume SST means stainless steel ? It sure looks like stainless . What is the normal length of a Omega ? 26 inches as short as they come
My regular Omega is 28 I think
The Dream Season I had was 26 . When you said short barrel I was thinking 22 or 24. I guess I never thought of 26 as short :)
That's a great find I regret getting rid of my Dream Season but it was a necessity at the time. If you ever part with it give me first dibs :)
I should go measure my omegas I guess so I know for sure

Omega Z5 has the 28 inch barrel. X7-24 and Dream season 26. Dream Season always had a Stainless barrel. Real nice Z5 I've put in a few bids on GunBroker. $370 for a NIB Dream Season I'd say a really good deal.

The X7 has a 24" barrel. The Dream Season is lighter than the X7. The barrel of the X7 is a slimmer profile than the Dream Season. The Dream Season 26" barrel is the same basic profile as the standard 28" Omega barrel, but is bevel fluted.

Ok that's what you call it bevel fluted . I've never saw a barrel like this . I wanted to buy a Omega for a donor but I can't bring myself to change this gun . Your right 26 inches is not a short barrel but on a Omega it seems short . I'm gonna have to keep looking for a Omega action or a donor rifle to do a build with .

Back