Omega/encore breechplug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toy truck did you buy new or used ,details my friend.
I have 5 total omega plugs. Maybe I'll grab one or two more myself
Used, off GunBroker. Looks really good overall, bore pic's clean shiny. Hope to get it maybe within a week depending on shipping. Will know more then.
It's the Z5 model with weathershield SS barrel, black composite stock, fiber optic sights/scope mount and a few extras included.

Last edited:
If it's the one I think it was I almost bid on it myself.
I'm watching that blued x7 now myself.

Congrats can't wait to see it and a report

If it's the one I think it was I almost bid on it myself.
I'm watching that blued x7 now myself.

Congrats can't wait to see it and a report
I watched it for a week, no body was bidding so I did about 5 hrs out from the end. I had trouble getting the computer to start an missed the end of bidding, figured I was outbid, nope. I'm really surprised no body bid on it!! This will be my last gunbroker gun! Fees/taxes were over $25, shipping only $20 with insurance. Some sellers are wanting $60-75 just for shipping!! I will only go with actual shipping costs as this one was. I also stay away from "As is, no refund"

I think some folks prefer the ss instead of weathershield but that Omega looks in very nice condition. I think you did well and it will make a fine addition to your collection.

So SS and weathershield are different? I didn't know that.

Weathershield is an applied coating. You will have to stay on top of this rifle in regards to cleaning. They tend to rust around screw holes/sights anywhere there is an edge. They are also prone to the finish chipping and again, the rust will start. This is my experience with Weathershield. I've had probably 10 of them pass through.

I waited too long an Midway sold out of the OEM Omega/Encore breechplugs. They were just over $13 last I saw...
Anyway I bought a couple on Ebay an one at local gun shop. The old gunsmith would only sell me one at $14.50 an said I shouldn't need more than
one as the breechplug will outlast the rifle. He is 80 something an been in business for over 35 years, so he should know. I can see him rolling his
eyes over these new plugs (Bestill, Thunderhawk, etc.)....

Ive got a weathershield Z5 that I’ve used for probably 15 years. It’s been very dependable. I’ve killed deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, you name it with that rifle. I’ve gone through a couple plugs and am planning to have Bestill put one of his in it shortly. Solid rifle - Hope you enjoy yours Toytruck!

Ive got a weathershield Z5 that I’ve used for probably 15 years. It’s been very dependable. I’ve killed deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, you name it with that rifle. I’ve gone through a couple plugs and am planning to have Bestill put one of his in it shortly. Solid rifle - Hope you enjoy yours Toytruck!
Thank you!!

Back