Omega/encore breechplug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Encore 209x50 Endeavor barrel and thought I would buy spare breech plug with the future of T/C unknown. Couple websites say discontinued. Cheapest I can find is $50 and the flea bay sellers must have caught wind of it. :mad:

Attachments

• 3F081AE2-A28C-47FA-8D1B-54707358F7EB.png
    3F081AE2-A28C-47FA-8D1B-54707358F7EB.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 27
Just got 2 oem plugs in the mail. The threads were a little nicked up. Not impressed. I did clean them up and they ran in and out of the breech well, tolerances we're good. Of course I have always been one to go over something with a fine tooth comb. I'll keep them. Probably order 1 from Jeff in the future.

I just bought a TC Omega .50 cal. told myself I didn't need another rifle, but didn't listen... :rolleyes:
I have owned the Encore years ago, sold it. Don't believe I kept any breech plugs, so school me on which is better?
Doesn't Bestill make one? LeHigh? Need advise Omega owners. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a TC Omega .50 cal. told myself I didn't need another rifle, but didn't listen... :rolleyes:
I have owned the Encore years ago, sold it. Don't believe I kept any breech plugs, so school me on which is better?
Yes, Jeff does make a custom a Omega plug. It is definitely top quality as everything he makes and sells. I believe you would need to send him your gun to have his plug custom fit. It will last a lifetime plus. Or you can buy a hand full of TC made plugs like I did and they will probably last you a lifetime as well.
See Link below

Look Here

For me the OEM breech plug no longer works using the primers available today. The OEM breech plug worked great for years, year after year. The OEM plug worked good as long as the Winchester W209 primers were extra long. The extra long W209 primers could be used in Omega rifles, and the tight fit made for clean ignition. The last purchase of the W209 primers were no longer than CCI or Federal primers.

Luckily Bestill began offering a custom breech plug that was made too long. One can mill this plug to fit any length of primer, and achieve perfectly clean ignition. One can do the milling oneself, or have Jeff do the work. It was kinda easy for me to do the work myself.

Another advantage of Jeff' plug is it has a nice deep primer socket. This allows for shooting strong loads without blow through in the primer. Another advantage of Jeff' plug is it is made of much nicer stainless material than the OEM plug, and is noticeable in use., Another advantage of Jeff' plug is the flash hole is made using a tungsten carbide insert, which after hundreds of shots shows zero wear.

The OEM plug is still used whenever old stock W209 primers are used, and it still works good.

For me the OEM breech plug no longer works using the primers available today. T

Yes

Last fall i bought 100 Winchester primers at Academy or Mao Mart. Noticed the fired primers and breech of the rifle were much dirtier. Luckily, i found 1,000 old Winchester 209 primers in an ammo can with a bunch of other primers.

Isn't there some kind of O ring fix for the primer leakage? I know it would be only temporary at best.

Just what I was looking for! Doesn't Lehigh make an Omega plug? Or not?
I hope to have the gun by the weekend so will decide later which is better.
I have a couple of Bestill White plugs, they are top notch for sure!

For me the OEM breech plug no longer works using the primers available today. The OEM breech plug worked great for years, year after year. The OEM plug worked good as long as the Winchester W209 primers were extra long. The extra long W209 primers could be used in Omega rifles, and the tight fit made for clean ignition. The last purchase of the W209 primers were no longer than CCI or Federal primers.

Luckily Bestill began offering a custom breech plug that was made too long. One can mill this plug to fit any length of primer, and achieve perfectly clean ignition. One can do the milling oneself, or have Jeff do the work. It was kinda easy for me to do the work myself.

Another advantage of Jeff' plug is it has a nice deep primer socket. This allows for shooting strong loads without blow through in the primer. Another advantage of Jeff' plug is it is made of much nicer stainless material than the OEM plug, and is noticeable in use., Another advantage of Jeff' plug is the flash hole is made using a tungsten carbide insert, which after hundreds of shots shows zero wear.

The OEM plug is still used whenever old stock W209 primers are used, and it still works good.
I have had W209 primers for years, that's all I have used so far. So the original OEM plug should work for now. I did pickup a brick of Federal 209A this year, will see how they do or just use them in the Optima V2 rifle an pistol.
Appreciate it!!

Nice buy! I bought some spares for now. Let us know how it shoots. Good day

Toy truck did you buy new or used ,details my friend.
I have 5 total omega plugs. Maybe I'll grab one or two more myself

Back