Omega front sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rndn8r

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on replacing the front sight on my TC Omega. Soon after I bought the rifle I put a Williams peep on the rear. After breaking the fiber optic tube up front three times (it does not take much), I filed the front sight down to just leave the post. While this works fairly well in hunting situations, it is a little "blocky" for fine sighting on the range. I would like to replace the front iron sight and need suggestions. Any body else done this?

Williams also makes firesights for it, but you may have to buy the kit to just get the front site. I may be wrong on that. I put a Williams peep on mine last week also and like it alot. If I'm there this weekend, I'll ask since I may go peep on my Winchester also. It would be nifty to find a globe front with replaceable inserts for front.

fire sight

I had the fire sight on the front. That's what I eventually filed down. I use this rifle to hard to go with that plastic. I think a globe or a white line like Lyman's would be a great improvement. I just need to find something that will fit. I really think the peep is a great improvement over the fire sight that came on the rear of the rifle.

KNS makes a hooded crosshair. I have heard that several people really like that. I tried it, and it was hard to see in deep shadowns or dusk. For an Omega, you have to buy a special front base for the KNS to fit down in though and seems like you had to shim up the rear base. There was a post about it on Hunting.net a while back with picture instructions.

Back