Omega ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Com 45acp

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what size socket I need to fit the Omega's breech plug.
Thanks

Omegaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...

And if you overtighten the breech plug -- use a 1/2" socket, not 1/4"!!!

Ask me how I know... :wink:

I usually back it off 1/2 a turn after every 5 shots at the range. Last time I did that, I must have "snugged it up" way too tight -- instead of turning it to a stop (NOT WRENCHING it to a stop) and then backing off a degree or two...

Luckily the 1/2" socket handle with a 12" cheater bar (old pipe) broke it free for me.

Old No7

Buy some pink teflon tape and tube of Slick50 ONE grease. Wrap the plug's threads with a single layer of tape, add a smidgen of grease over the forward threads, and forget the cheater bar. :D

Re: Omegaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...

Old No7 said:
And if you overtighten the breech plug -- use a 1/2" socket, not 1/4"!!!

Ask me how I know... :wink:

I usually back it off 1/2 a turn after every 5 shots at the range. Last time I did that, I must have "snugged it up" way too tight -- instead of turning it to a stop (NOT WRENCHING it to a stop) and then backing off a degree or two...

Luckily the 1/2" socket handle with a 12" cheater bar (old pipe) broke it free for me.

Old No7

Wow! I never had that much trouble. Do like Underclocked said, use some teflon tape. I just wrap 3 or 4 layers of tape with no grease and it works like a champ.

Latest posts

Back