One for each hand............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
IMG_1916_zpszanobow0.jpg
IMG_1908_zpsk4vanfdc.jpg

One for each hand. The one on the left was my first one and today I finished the second one. Wood grain is better on the the one on the right. Can't wait to get out this week end and shoot them.......

Ray............. :Red tup:

Good looking pair Ray! The pistols that is!

Did you get those tang screws out?

Two identical pistols means dueling Ray...........it's unavoidable.....beware of dandies with frilly shirt cuffs......or high heels.........or a guy chasing you around trying to slap you with his glove! Dangerous territory Ray........ :ss: Nice pair!...the pistols!

:Red tup: 

Thanks gents......I'll keep a watchful eye out Doug for any strangers that fit that description. :slaps:

Ray.................

Ray
Let me know how you like those pistolies. While I wouldnt attempt a kit I might like to buy one assembled. I have a patriot I bought brand new and I havent shot it yet. Not sure what caliber I would get I see they have one in 54. I like big bore :cheers: Al

Sure will BigAl52 and good luck with your Patriot.

Ray........... :Red tup:

BigAl52,

Al, check out the results of my pistol. It's the next one down from this one. I think that will let you know how muck I like the pistols.

Ray

Nice!
Would you call them Kentucky style pistols?
Ron

Hi Ray
Looks like there shooting great. I see a 45 caliber flint brand new for 275.00 on gunbroker. I can imagine a flintlock pistol really testing your patience for sighting it in. Al

:scratch:
Sighting in a flintlock pistol can be a challenge in itself but I'm sure it could be done. :slaps: I'm not into flintlocks. I own a .54 cal  flintlock rifle made in Italy that only has had 3 rounds shot from it. It's brand new just collecting dust. She's a beauty but I just can't put down my percussion rifle's and pistol's.
Ray....... :No:

To me, shooting a flintlock is like smoking a pipe. There are a lot of ritual activities that go along with it that can be just as habit forming as smoking (well, almost). Scrape out the pipe; put in the tobacco; tamp it down; light it; take a few puffs; light it again; light it again; light it again. Clean out the ashes; pipe cleaner the stem; repeat the above.
I am addicted to the series of steps in shooting a flintlock. Measure the powder, pour it down the barrel; put the patch over the barrel; put the ball on the patch; use the ball starter; finish with the ramrod; put the rifle on half-cock; lift the frizzen; put the powder in the pan; go to full cock; set the trigger; aim and fire.
Heck, I am out of breath just writing it all down!
Just don't get the two confused - don't put tobacco down the muzzle and black powder in the pipe!
Ron

For me it's like fishing in a away. I love to cast a lure or fish the bottom.....Percussion guns.......... :Red tup:
Fly fishing is work just like.............Flintlocks................ :slaps:

Ray............... ;) 
( IMHO )

RonC said:
To me, shooting a flintlock is like smoking a pipe. There are a lot of ritual activities that go along with it that can be just as habit forming as smoking (well, almost). Scrape out the pipe; put in the tobacco; tamp it down; light it; take a few puffs; light it again; light it again; light it again. Clean out the ashes; pipe cleaner the stem; repeat the above.
I am addicted to the series of steps in shooting a flintlock. Measure the powder, pour it down the barrel; put the patch over the barrel; put the ball on the patch; use the ball starter; finish with the ramrod; put the rifle on half-cock; lift the frizzen; put the powder in the pan; go to full cock; set the trigger; aim and fire.
Heck, I am out of breath just writing it all down!
Just don't get the two confused - don't put tobacco down the muzzle and black powder in the pipe!
Ron
 Pure poetry!!!!!!! :hats off:

No Pete. I tried what you said and the only thing I can see is that the nipple itself opens up more or is wider then the old one. The cap can't go down far enough, even after the hammer hits it, in order to strike the nipple.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ray.............

That's what I told you. You'll have to try different caps, or another nipple.

The experiment I told you to do is just to confirm the above.

Back