Opening day rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifle will depend on the weather.

If clear, scoped .50 cal Knight Ultralight.
If rail, Omega X7 with peep sight.

Best of luck to all this season!

52 I've seen the pics of some of your other guns that you've had afield and they are spectacular to say the least.

That's a nice gun Jim. Go get one.

As for me, on the 5th Ill be in the stand with the Optima pistol AND the Accura V2 .50 cal. I have 80–90-yard shots possible from the loft as well as 6–12-yard shots. I'm just not at comfortable with doing a long haul with the pistol but if there's anything shootable inside that 50 yards range the shorty will get the nod. We've been dry but the long-range forecast is showing a better than 50% chance of rain thru the season after it starts on the 5th.

As a rule, it's too cold during the muzzleloader season for my lungs, but this year I have a new area to hunt during the muzzie season which starts the last weekend of the regular gun [idiot] season and runs into December for 16 days and the lay of the land has little vertical incline to it. I'll have to wait and see what our wonderful Minnesota weather bring during that timeframe but I'm hoping to be in the woods thru some of it. Never hunted the muzzie season here and would really like to take a step back in time and hunt snow again. Of course, this is Minnesota, and I may have plenty of white during the regular season.

52 I've seen the pics of some of your other guns that you've had afield and they are spectacular to say the least.
Thanks
After my new brides uncle took me to Friendship in 1990, I returned home and decided to sell every modern gun I owned- so I could buy and shoot an original.
I haven’t looked back.
Has no interest in in-lines until my best friend passed and his wife gave me his Encore (2012). Took what I knew and put it into the Encore for hunting, then attended the 1st NMLRA in-line match in 2013 and damn near won.
My heart is still will nice old stuff.
Best of luck hunting.

Latest posts

Back