Opinions wanted on a Flintlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigAl52 said:
I appreciate all the opinions on the flintlock. I decided to pass on it and chose to buy the GRRW from track. I have wanted one of the GRRW rifles since I have been looking at them. I think this will be a neat rifle to have. Al

aap-682_1.jpg
Let me know if they have a 'lefty' show up in .54! I'll get another. Beats putting $$$$ in a bank!! Is this rifle a .54??

No its not a 54 its a 50. But thats okay I have some 54's and 58's now. I also have another 50 its a green mountain barrel drop in on a Renegade. I have one in a 58 also green mountain drop in on a renegade. The green mountain barrels shoot very good Al

I did Muley but this one came along and I have wanted a GRRW for a while so I decided to wait on this flinter anyway. I do have one flint I really liked the one here I asked about because of it being a Hawken. I was torn with my decision and decided to get the GRRW. Al

You'll be happy with that rifle.  It's always fun when a muzzleloader is on it's way to your house.  When you get her sighted in I hope you'll share your targets with us.  Love to see how she performs at the range.

BigAl52 said:
I did Muley but this one came along and I have wanted a GRRW for a while so I decided to wait on this flinter anyway. I do have one flint I really liked the one here I asked about because of it being a Hawken. I was torn with my decision and decided to get the GRRW. Al
You'll probably discover you will have to take the front sight down a good bit! I've got the one I just purchased down to .141" and it's about 5" high at 50 yards using a six o/clock hold! That's using 100 grs. KIK 2F powder! The barrel on this rifle is smooth as glass!! :cheers:

BigAl52 said:
What size ball are you using in yours Sharpsman?
530 with a non-compressed pillow ticking material that measures .025". Compressed with a 1" Starrett Mic it's .016"! :cheers:

When you get her sighted in I hope you'll share your targets with us.  Love to see how she performs at the range.

I will for sure Joe. It will shoot better that I can. Suppose to be here tomorrow. Al

Latest posts

Back