"Opportuntity Fee"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Wow..never came across this one before.....

Opportunity Fee
If a deer is shot at and determined by Rancho Encantado representatives as having been missed, you will be charged an opportunity fee of $500 if the deer is Silver Medal or less (< 135 gross) or $1,000 if the buck is Gold or Platinum level (136+ gross). If a buck is taken later in the hunt, this opportunity fee will be applied to the kill fees of the buck taken.

Fee hunting, what can I say beside it sucks! What's next, intent fees? They charge you because they feel you thought about shooting a deer? The intent fee will be related to how big a deer you envisioned shooting? Obviously, pay to play is not in my plans! That ain't hunting, that's shooting (and this equates to an accuracy/inaccuracy fee?)!

jnr,

LMAO, thats good stuff. Have to keep those naughty big buck daydreams to yourself while at the ranch, or you'll be whipping out the Visa.

To me, this will be a detriment to hunting in America. Hunting needs a democractic base to survive. If people are excluded to a greater degree, you'll see less and less support.

This is one way of lessening numbers by pricing things out of reach for the average hunter.

bigbore442001 said:
To me, this will be a detriment to hunting in America. Hunting needs a democractic base to survive. If people are excluded to a greater degree, you'll see less and less support.

This is one way of lessening numbers by pricing things out of reach for the average hunter.

I agree hunting needs a "democratic base" to survive. Fee hunting such as that at Rancho Encantado is not mainstream hunting. I have hunted on ranches in Texas where I had to pay a fee. Of course I would love to hunt there without paying a fee as would the customers on my neighbors strawberry farm would enjoy taking the fruit of his property and labor for no fee.

The small high fence operations that operate on the borderline of the law not to mention sport hunting ethics could be a real threat to our hunting future.

Wow! I would hate to miss a few of those Gold/Plat Bucks!! Could get a lil salty. :lol:

jcchartboy said:
Opportunity Fee
If a deer is shot at and determined by Rancho Encantado representatives as having been missed, you will be charged an opportunity fee of $500 if the deer is Silver Medal or less (< 135 gross) or $1,000 if the buck is Gold or Platinum level (136+ gross). If a buck is taken later in the hunt, this opportunity fee will be applied to the kill fees of the buck taken.

I say, good. That should provide some incentive to sight in your gun before firing at an animal.

I say, good. That should provide some incentive to sight in your gun before firing at an animal.

I'm with you on this. Sometimes, bore sighting just doesn't cut it. :?

big6x6 said:

I'm with you on this. Sometimes, bore sighting just doesn't cut it. :?

Sometimes? All the time.

I know of some hunters with the best sighted in guns that still seem to miss. How in the world could such a thing ever happen??? Me excluded from such category of course. :lol:

Sometimes? All the time.

EXACTLY my POINT! :D

I know of some hunters with the best sighted in guns that still seem to miss. How in the world could such a thing ever happen??? Me excluded from such category of course.

I've done it! :oops: Anyone that says they HAVEN'T...simply hasn't pulled the trigger enough! :stretch:

big6x6 said:
Sometimes? All the time.

EXACTLY my POINT! :D

:wink:

I know of some hunters with the best sighted in guns that still seem to miss. How in the world could such a thing ever happen??? Me excluded from such category of course.

I've done it! :oops: Anyone that says they HAVEN'T...simply hasn't pulled the trigger enough! :stretch:

Yep. I've missed deer before. I've hit deer before and been unable to recover them. Not a fun experience. :d'oh!:

The patented Del Ramsey course in shooting horse-flies off a hog might help.

It's a new type of "spray and pray,"-- if you want to spray, you can pray that you can afford to. :shock:

Sounds like another opportunity to waste your hard earned money. What about equipment failure? Missed a nice buck when I was younger because I shook up my scope on last sight in shot and didn't know it.

Latest posts

Back