optima pro

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I beagle

Reaction score
I have an old cva optima pro inline muzzleloader. I found a cva optima pro 12 ga. muzzleloading barrel. does anyone know if that would work on my rifle platform. it looks kinda like it would but I'm not sure?? thanks in advance.

thanks guys, I just happened to be in a small hunting shop over an hour away from home and saw this laying on a shelf, and thought it was interesting. thought someone on here might know if it would fit my optima pro platform. I'm going to check with cva. thanks again!

I believe the optima pro platform was all the same. It was the only interchangeable barrel platform CVA made at the time. It was discontinued and a few years later they introduced the apex. Any optima pro barrel should fit on any optima pro frame.

it has cva optima pro 12 gauge muzzleader stamped right on the blued barrel with what looks to be a welded scope rail on it. that's all I could see.

I had an Optima Elite and it looked identical to the Pro. I didnt know if the Pro had interchangable barrels like the Elite. But if they both say Optima Pro I'd bet they will interchange.

Last edited:
best way to be sure is to just call CVA.
I misread original post, a 12ga muzzleloading barrel will work on the Pro thought it was a centerfire barrel... my bad sorry.

no problem dbowling. I will try to call them in the next couple days. thanks everybody for the input! I appreciate it.

I have an old cva optima one if the originals not sure if it's the pro I can check if need be. I know they had a 12 gauge ml barrel for it. If it won't fit your frame let me know.

Latest posts

Back