Ordered a kit pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Finally got down to it!

Traditions Kentucky .50cal percussion. Now I will have a sidearm for hog hunting! I'll call it our little trapping pistol when Floyd and I go out checking traps in the mornings.

I'll do my best to match the stain and browned furniture to my St.Louis Hawken rifle.
traditions-kentucky-pistol-kit-main.jpg

the antici                                            pation!  oooh yeah! :D

Well the St.Louis Hawken rifle took me 1 1/2 months of slow work. This should take about a week! LOL no, im kidding. Since I will attempt a build video, it will slow me down even more.

You'll notice that custom builders often charge as much for a pistol as they do a rifle..cause as they say....they have same components as a larger rifle but in a smaller package which makes the work a bit more difficult............or so I've been told.

lighthorseman said:
You'll notice that custom builders often charge as much for a pistol as they do a rifle..cause as they say....they have same components as a larger rifle but in a smaller package which makes the work a bit more difficult............or so I've been told.
yep! it depends on the details and added embellishments, long guns have a bit more surface area.... both take about the same amount of work and time....

So far everything looks good! Will have to inlet the trigger guard as well as the lock, but that's nothing.
kit%20gun.jpeg

Back