Ordered a new bow today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Well, I ordered a new bow today. Alot of guys would probably say I went backwards in bows, but I dont really think I did. I went from a Hoyt V tech, to the 2012 PSE Brute X. I was really surprised in how quiet, and how fast the Brute was. I am hoping it is ready to pick up next week sometime.

How much did that bow cost? Im still using an old Fred Bear I bought about 30 years ago but I can still put that arrow right where it needs to go.

I got the bare bow for $399, and by the time I was done puting everything on it, it was $600. You can get it as a package for $499. I had a hard time pulling the trigger on it, my old bow is a Hoyt Vtec, which is an awesome bow. But the PSE shoots so much faster and quieter.

PSE is making quality bows, I bought a new vendetta xl last year and love it. I was checking out the brute x, looks nice, should be an excellent bow.

I dont think it's a step backwards. I bought a new PSE Bow Madness and like it better than my Hoyt made Reflex. And I often find myself reaching for my 12 year old PSE over both of them. The bow madness is definitely fast, smooth and quiet.

:scratch:

More bow talk :!: Just may have to dust off the ole recurve once again :!:

RAY....... :cheers:

Before I messed up both my rotator cuffs, I went the full gamut over the years from recurve to an old Browning Explorer 4-wheeler, to a MacPherson and a Jennings single cam. As the bows got faster and the letoff greater, I found that they got harder and harder to make accurate shots from a tree stand. Unless my form was perfect and I fired by arching my back properly, the shots would stray from POA. Also the bows got louder as the speed increased. I finally decided that it was counterproductive to continue in the "arms race" and stayed with the Jennings single cam rather than buying a faster Mathews every year.
For hunting, speed isn't always the best way to go.

Back