Ordered my sizing die, now what bullet?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Still looking for recommendations for a full bore bullet for the Woodman Arms Patriot .45 if anyone has experience with that. Especially with the 1-20 Brux barreled option.
I'm going to try the Northern Precision bullets that Mtn Monkey is running.
Northern Precision also has a .40 cal up to 275gr. round nose I may try in a sabot.

Any others?

1654104493153.png

Still looking for recommendations for a full bore bullet for the Woodman Arms Patriot .45 if anyone has experience with that. Especially with the 1-20 Brux barreled option.
I'm going to try the Northern Precision bullets that Mtn Monkey is running.
Northern Precision also has a .40 cal up to 275gr. round nose I may try in a sabot.

Any others?

View attachment 21549
I have the same die, it’s great. It’s no secret I’m a big Fury Bullet fan, but check out Parkers 270gr E Max bullet. It is impressive

Fury

Other than they WORK on game..... You only have to size them ONE TIME. There's no spring back like other bullets.
I agree. I started shooting/hunting with the 265 gr Fury STB last year out of my Ultra-lite. It's been a great combination. They're easy to size and do seem to stay sized. Terminal performance on whitetail deer has been impressive.

Last edited:
Fury bullets are awesome and when you size them they retain their shape and size they have no spring back like other jacket and bullets do. In my Knight Mountaineer 1– 20 twist Dennis built me a 275 grain hollowpoint that shot exceptionally well fullbore

Greg

The northern precision pinpoint has a very small band at the bottom it's going to be really easy to size,, but the size setting on your die is going to be very different from the other bullets again that bearing band is very narrow at the bottom,, when you get ready to start sizing bullets pull your breach plug run a bullet through the die of course you backed way off of the die on the settings run it through the die so that it just barely sizes the bullet slightly see if you can start it in the end of the barrel with your fingers if you can go ahead and try to see the bullet with your rod if you have good tension all the way down the bore and rifling you're probably going to be good to go again if I was going to shoot that Patriot with a bore Rider and hunt with it I would want my bullet to have probably a two hand seat instead of a softer Target one hand seat if I can help you any let me know. I have three projects coming from Patriot the next couple of months myself if your bullet does shoot the northern pinpoint well or if it shows potential if I were you I would order some of his bonded version it doesn't have the pinpoint exact same bullet without the point it's very accurate in my guns also it performs much better on the bullet test being bonded it mushrooms very well keep me posted

I see that you have Hank's resizing die- in all the videos I see him in I think he is shooting Parkers. I'm still waiting on my smokeless build, but will probably be using Furys. Have used Parker 300 gr BE's and had separation from the jacket, and didn't expand well (happened twice). That may possibly be due to the lower powder charge of 100grns of 777, not sure. These were fired out of my daughter's Tradition's Youth Buckstalker. Accuracy was good with the Parkers I have used, but I didn't like the fact that they didn't expand correctly.

Back