Our newest member has questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeager106 said:
Computers, video games, pinball, I-phones, 40+" TVs, etc. They fish about twice a year and the only time my son goes hunting is when he takes his daughter once a year.

^^^ Have ruined a lot of young people with great potential.
 Agreed, sad but true .. you can't get them interested in anything other than what was just mentioned.

All this new/improved technology has certainly made parenting a challenge.   Regardless of when, where and how often you expose your kids to the outdoors, unless their piers are doing the same... don't put your expectations too high in continuing your historic family traditions.

Marty said:
All this new/improved technology has certainly made parenting a challenge.   Regardless of when, where and how often you expose your kids to the outdoors, unless their piers are doing the same... don't put your expectations too high in continuing your historic family traditions.

My daughter and the two nieces we raised when growing up we would take them to rendezvous which they enjoyed. When I practiced combat shooting several times a week with a few close friends my daughter was there with her Browning Hi Power. Bad enough having to reload for me, now reloading for her, finally bought a fast working loading outfit and put her and the nieces to work. They all learned to ride along with feeding 8-10 horses every day. The ex. wife and the kids rode every night for several hours checking our fences and the neighbors (10,000 acre spread next door). We kept them busy out side as much as possible.

Now the grand kids, that a different story.  Computers, video games, I-phones, TV, etc. :roll:

Hello jaeger106,

I've looked over that Custom Muzzleloader site before.  The guns looks beautiful from the pictures.  I like the Bucks County you have, a real treasure.  Another rifle I wouldn't mind owning is one of his Jaeger's.  I have always wanted one, maybe someday.

Latest posts

Back