Patch lube

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya'll way more sofisticated than my simple squirt of dish soap in a few ounces of plain water I've been using so many years. Maybe I'd win more matches if I upped my game with one of those cool sounding patch lubes...
It all depends on what you want.

The best method I am aware of is Water / Ballistoll, see the video
I know a competition shooter who uses Simple Green & water 1:1.

It all depends on what you want.

The best method I am aware of is Water / Ballistoll, see the video
I know a competition shooter who uses Simple Green & water 1:1.
Tested all sorts of lubes used by Championship winning match shooters I see each season at Friendship. None works better overall in my testing than just plain soap and water. Have tested what you mentioned also. Maybe it helps my barrels are taper lapped and then polished with JB bore compound to a mirror shine. Lot harder for fouling to stick. Always open to new experiments in the off season. Just has to beat my current technique or stuff in ease of use or points gain. Paid a lot to use Teflon patches for some years. Expensive with no gain but they work fine...My wants are just about winning matches not keeping a gun loaded long like the hunters do who might worry about rusting the bore with a watter based patch.

Back