Place in Canada to buy Muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsrpm

Reaction score
I am looking hard now for a deal. Choice is still down to 2. The T/C Omega Z5 or the Savage model 10MLII. Part of the choice is confirmation of whether Manitoba allows the smokeless for hunting. Several people have responded in the affirmative, but I have an email out to the government agency involved for the Gospel according to the Conservatives (provincial political party in Manitoba)

Assuming I can't use smokeless I will go with the Omega, and probably get that Nikon Omega scope to go with it.

If I can use smokeless it will probably be the Savage. Wish I could put the Nikon scope on it but it would probably break my budget.

Speaking of which, I am having a hard time tracking down stores online. The only one I have found in the vicinity is the SIR Mailorder place. I saw the rifles in their online catalogue and then went down to the store to look.

Their price on the Savage Model 10MLII Muzzleloader Accutrigger Series: Black Synthetic Stock with Blued Barrel is $574 canadian which is a little higher than the 400-450 us figure that has been tossed around here.

I know your dollar is worth more than ours is, but come on, not that much more :lol:

Anyone know a good mailorder place besides SIR in Canada? Reputable, low prices, etc?

I want in Canada to avoid the hassle I am sure there would be for crossing the border

Savage Stainless?

Should also say that if I go the Savage route I would like to know whether popping extra for the stainless barrel is worth it

I like my stainless but I do not believe there is any real difference in accuracy. Just get what you like, clean up is easy with smokelss with either. There might be some advantage with ss if you shot black powder or pyrodex. Stainless will rust eventually if not cleaned with bp but is more resistant to rust. You still need to clean it. I just like the looks after so many blued barrels.

Isrpm. Mine is a synthetic/ blued pre accutrigger. This is a target I shot this past summer with my new scope.
Picture190.jpg

Personnally I preferred the blued barrel. Blends in better, IMO, in hunting situations.

lsrpm said:
that is a great target! 100 yards? Bench or off hand?

Yup, 100 yds and shot from the bence. Only wish I could shoot like that off hand :wink:

I just bought a Omega z5 from www. lebaron.ca for $318.00, best price I could find in Canada.

Brad

In your post you mentioned SIR. I've seen some of their cateloges and they seem to be pricey. Winnipeg has a Wholesale sports and their prices are uniform across the country. Drop in there and have a look.

Latest posts

Back