Please Do Not Make This Political

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Costco as well. Good to see faces again. Folks all buying like preppers. Prices not wonderful. (Did notice they stopped sanitizing carts so beware.)

Yeah i need to go there today in about an hour or so. Last time i was there they still had the best pricing on ground turkey and chicken thighs/breasts. The closest grocery store is quite a bit higher on poultry/pork and way higher on beef.

I always where nitrile gloves and take a Clorox Wipe in with me. I also buy "lens wipes" at Costco. They are mosty alcohol and fit in a pocket easily. They are much cheaper than medical grade wipes but are virtually the same thing.
Wipe-N-Clear-Lens-Wipes-Costco-3-640x480.jpg

The Zeiss wipes are better but about twice the price. Both are Isopropyl based. Get the Zeiss if you want them for camera/scope/ect stuff too. I only wear "cheaters" to read but wipe like that have numerous other uses. Clorox wipes stay in the vehicle and soon as im done loading all the groceries the gloves get wiped down.

Kirkland Baby Wipes for after a large spicy meal. ...Not kidding either.

Old story but when i reviewed the draft study that resulted in disinfecting carts (my "kids" Doctoral thesis) i was afraid of lawsuits. The store in question was one of the worse due to prolonged and repeated contact time. Given recent vacc's and depressed immune status, publics surfaces are now downright scary. FWIW instant disinfection may be an illusion. Contact time often makes the "kill".

Look for Coffee Farmers Co-op Sumatra organic whole bean coffee at Costco...mine has it and its stellar for $10ish/2lbs.

When visiting my brother in New Mexico, we stoped at the local Costco and I got hooked on New Mexico Pinon Coffee. It is my sit in a tree all day coffee.

My parents were children of the great Depression. Even when my Dad was a full time school teacher, Mom was a full time RN at the local hospital, he would hesitate to make a long distance call-for you kids out there at one time you had to pay extra for phone calls outside your exchange. My Mom used to say those of us born after the depression didn't know how good we had it.
Mrs 11 th corps has always been a gardener-but last year she decided to go about triple what we had done in the past. Fresh sweet corn, our own peppers, sugar snap peas, tomatoes. She is thinking about adding potatoes this year. My Mom would have been pleased.

When I was at Costco I also bought another freezer. My original plan was to marry a 16 year old so that I could get back all the money I paid into SS. The more I thought about it, the less enthused I was with putting up with a kid. Now when I feel the time approaching I am going to set up an automatic payment mortgage on my hunting property and the power company and crawl into the freezer.
Seriously though, Civil War vets did marry young relatives so the pension money would keep coming into the family. The last Civil War widow died Dec. 16, 2020.
Part of the reason I passed on deer last year was that the current freezer is so full I would have had difficulty stuffing a chipmunk into it. Freezers are quite a bit more plentiful than they were a year ago.

I have two commerical freezers, that have alarms when the Dog/someone leaves them slightly ajar, I also have a seperate temp monorting system with an alarm. and a readout of temps. One is devoted to just fruits to make jam and preserves. Freezing first gives consistant results. The dog is hooked on deer meat with rice. TC has gone sky hi on Dog food. I buy her the good stuff.

Back