Possible source for NEF sidekick/huntsman 209 breech plugs?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangeball

Reaction score
The Names at SMI do smokeless conversions for NEF and H&R guns. I wonder if their smokeless breech plugs would be compatible with the sidekick/huntsman, and work with BH 209?

I doubt that they use the same dimensions for the breechplug but it sure is worth a try. The other possibility is to buy one of the smokeless barrels and use it with BH209. A little expensive for me since I have several other muzzleloaders that will use the new powder and several that won't. If you are really a true Huntsman fan that is one way to beat it. Of course there is still the possiblity that their breechplug might not work either, like the KRB which takes a 209 but won't positively ignite BH209.

I sent them an email asking if it would be compatible dimension wise, and if it was would it work with BH 209, and if not would they be at all interested in making a breech plug that would be for all the NEF/H&Rs out there that would like to shoot BH 209.

I'll update when I hear anything.

At this time SMI has no plans to sell a breech plug for a ML they don't make the barrel for.

:(

Latest posts

Back