powder coating bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plans out there for home made curing ovens. You could use a basic kitchen oven. Large enough for rims

Yeah was thinking along the same line , doing rims and suspension pieces in an oven . Just need to get momma outta the kitchen for a few hours ! :lol:

Have you loaded any of them bullets yet Corey , wondering how the pc hold up when it's rammed down the barrel

started the test to see if I can use powder coated bullets out of a muzzleloader in a full bore.

did a hardness testing of a bullet. then powder coated. just waiting for it to cure and take another hardness test to see how much it added.

I have not tested yet been busy with the darn gun cabinet. need to get out there and test it.

I think the max target hardness is going to be 7 with the coating. any harder. I keep the Powder coating for the smokeless stuff.

good news did a test. came out the same as it did with not coating. did a much thicker coating then I would be in the bulk set up. so that is good news, now to coat 5 bullets with the gun and do the push thru test on my white.

the fluidized bedding method adds almost .01 to the diameter, when I use a gun, .003 to .004

I have to heat the bullet to dip it in the powder. I get a thicker coat

the gun, just spray and bake. also can leave the bottoms exposed

search fishing jig powdercoating. Ive seen where some guys make their own powder gun from fishtank pumps about $15-20 worth of common pvc pipe fittings and coffee filters. they swear it works great. they cast the jigs, then powdercoat almost right away while still hot.  they call it a fluid bed

Anything further to report with this coating?  I was just last night looking into it for use on bore-sized conicals.

Latest posts

Back