Powder Fouling...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried CCI, federal, Winchester, and Remington 209 primers. Didn't matter. Hang fires almost every time and this is the cheapest I've seen 10oz of BH

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-163721.png
    Screenshot_20231109-163721.png
    434 KB · Views: 1
I tried CCI, federal, Winchester, and Remington 209 primers. Didn't matter. Hang fires almost every time and this is the cheapest I've seen 10oz of BH
Either the wrong plug or one that has a seriously plugged flash channel. I've experienced exactly one hang fire using BH in 5 different guns over maybe tem years. And that was due to a blocked up flash channel.

Every powder will leave a crud ring, even BH. Some powders just develop one a lot faster than others. All powders are dirty, even BH. Anytime your throwing fire in the barrel of any gun, it will get dirty. I swab my muzzleloaders between every other shot and clean and oil every 3. A crud ring will be noticable if I don't clean in about 7 shots but I'm not to lazy to clean my rifles.
And you don't use BH 209 either !!!!!!!!! Cause if you did you would not be saying wiping until you quit shooting , a man should know his limitations (yours is subjects you don't know squat about ) Ed

Latest posts

Back