Powder horns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11th Corps

Reaction score
I browsed the web for powder horn components to make my own when I stumbled upon of all things Wal Mart. They offer what they describe as a genuine bison powder horn finished, with walnut cap and plug and a simple leather strap. For less then $30. What do you think of that? Is it a good deal?

I'd think the cool factor of a genuine bison horn should be worth at least $30. :cool: And if it can make you happy for only $30, I think that's a bargain.

It might ok. Track of the Wolf Muzzleloaders has finished horns and kits.
One of my dogs found a cow horn out behind our house last year and I made a powder horn out of it. I got the spout, strap and an iron staple from Track for under 20 bucks. Nothing fancy but it works. View attachment 20742
I like yours. It has that genuine look to it, like it's been there, done that.

I browsed the web for powder horn components to make my own when I stumbled upon of all things Wal Mart. They offer what they describe as a genuine bison powder horn finished, with walnut cap and plug and a simple leather strap. For less then $30. What do you think of that? Is it a good deal?
Pics? Or a link to it?

FYI, guys. If you are looking for a Horn to make as a project. Wife and I were at Menard's, found buffalo horns for $7.00. They were in the dog chewy section, are really thick, so it would take a lot of work.

Those dog chews are probably water buffalo horns.

I ordered one from Wally World today. I will post pic's when it arrives.

Latest posts

Back