Powerbelt bullet ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Re:

Satokad said:
Idaholewis said:
Satokad said:
Remember it’s the Bullet Base that Steers the Bullet, NOT the Nose. 1/8” Wool Oxyoke Brand is my “Go To” OP Wad material, in your 50 Cal try an oversize .54 Cal Wool Wad :yeah:

Not sure why I didn't catch this earlier, but why a 54 wad instead of a 50?
Thanks.

For the extra Seal. They are flexible Since they are Wool, so even though they are larger they Stil load Fine :yeah: I do this for all Calibers. In a .45 cal i use .50 Wool Wads, in a .50 Cal i use .54 Wool Wads, and in my .54s i use .58 Cal Wool

Ditto, I too use the 50cal Felt Wad with my 45 cal ML. No issues at all going down and like Lew said I also feel it gives it a little better seal and MAY help clean the bore a little between shots??

The oversize Wad also ads that much more protection to the Critical Bullet Base :yeah:

I plan to do a Video soon to Show what happens when you Shoot a Lead bullet with, and Without an Over Powder Wad protecting the Base of the Bullet, I think you will be surprised. The Fellas That Claim OP Wads are a Waste of time will probably stil feel the Same way, And that’s ok, I would bet them same fellas are happy if they can hit a Bale of Hay in their backyard :lol: 1 thing i would be willing to bet BIG on, is They are NOT shooting nowhere near the kind of Accuracy i am. I have always said, i feel you get out of this stuff what you put in to it. If “Close is enough” is good enough for you that is all that matters, At the end of the Day your Happiness with your results is what Counts. The thing that Bugs me, is when these Same Guys Wonder why they can’t shoot any Better? The information is ALL over here, FOLLOW IT! What have you got to lose?

Again, The bullet base is what Steers it, Therefore accuracy would be coming from our Bullet bases, if the Bullet bases are messed up, Accuracy will be messed up as well. You push a Maxi Ball (or any other lead projectile) Straight down on the Powder Charge, Torch it off, With hotter powders like Swiss and Triple 7, You will deform/melt The bullet Base to Some degree. Like i said above, The ONLY times i have ever seen Leading in any of my Barrels is when i Shot without an OP Wad. They Cost so little, and take a few extra Seconds to Ad them to each shot, it Just makes good sense to use them :yeah:

Thank you kindly, sir. I appreciate all the info you are sharing.

Back