Prayer Request / Updated 12/10

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kelly is not improving so we are in for a long fight.
She will have surgery on Monday
They will do a trakiotomy (sp) and flush her lungs and put in some sort of mesh to help blood from clotting the drain tubes.

She is so strong.
The nurses did her hair today.
Here are the pics

KellyFrenchBraid.jpg

KellyFrenchBraid1.jpg

Im not a church going person but I will say a prayer for her tonight in hopes of a full recovery. There are alot of good people on this site that are pulling for her to recover well.

scott,

lots of thoughts for you and your family. I have not had jess read this threads yet. :oops:

Keep love, hope and sweet dreams of kelly's recovery

Scott,
Thanks for the update, as difficult as it was to post, I'm sure. We're still here praying for your daughter.
-Mike

I just want to say as a fellow sportsman outdoorsman i am truly sorry for you circumstance. I wish you the best

Kelly is back in surgery this morning
She went into respitory distress twice last night.

They go in so much they just leave her incision open.

The made Kelly sit up for a few minutes today after decreasing her meds
I should say they proped her up

Kellyup.jpg

Today is day 19
Kelly's sedation meds have been decreased form 70 to 35
she has her eyes open but is just staring at the wall.
No response from verbal commands.

I hate to se her suffer but I keep telling my self that it is Gods will and not mine.

When coal is subjected to time and pressure it turns to diamond
All the finest ingrediants for a gourmet meal are nothing untill they go through the fire.

I sometimes feel that she is losing her battle and ask God to take her home so there is no more pain but then I take it back.

I am at a loss

No one here can know the pain you and your famiy are in at this time, But a strong belief in God above can help. I was once in a situation with my ex-wife as she suffered with great depression that caused her to try to commit susiccide on two different occasions. All I know is God met me at my lowest point in my life and lifted me up. He let me know that things would be okay no matter the outcome if I only trusted him. Things did not work between us as I had prayed for, but my children still have there mother. I also remembered it is not my will but his. I thank him daily for my new wife and newest daughter. I have a picture on my wall at home and a small credit card size one of the same in my wallet as a reminder, the "Footprints In The Sand". He has a plan for your daughter, you may not know it, or just plain and simple hate it right now, but he has one and I guarantee he is walking this same path with you and your family now, not along side you, but carrying all of you through this. We are all his children, he hates to see us suffer as much as we hate to see it. But oh what a strong bunch of people your family will be when Kelly has recovered. I know these words do not make things any better, coming from a person sitting on the other side of a computer, a complete stranger. But know you are not alone in this. He would never leave his child, as you would never abandon Kelly. You are in my prayers.
Doug

Hang in there Scott... her suffering is not in vain but has tremendous power. Most of the time we don't understand that suffering is redemptive in nature,,, when we look at a crucifix and see Christ hanging there we must realize that we all will be, at some point in life, taking up our cross also. Remember Scott, Good Friday always precedes Easter Sunday and without the cross will have no crown... ask God to give you peace and understanding,,, He will use your Daughters suffering for the salvation of souls. God bless you and Mary keep you!

Im at a lost for words but i hope your family pulls through this and you can get back to a normal life.

Kelly was awake when Karen came in the room and she smiled at her mother.
The meds are being decreased everyday and she is being proprd up.
I feel a little better but know we have a long way to go.

Karen said that there is life in her eyes and she is frustrated at not being able to talk.
Thank you God and all of you as well.

Latest posts

Back