Prayer Request / Updated 12/10

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, that's GREAT news!
I added you & your daughter to our prayer list in our Bleary Eyed Men's group at church, so that musta helped. :D
(we meet Wed at 0600)

We're praying for all of you.

-Mike

She will get a communication board soon so she can indicate what she is feeling or where she hurts or what she wants.

They may even put her in a wheelchair and take her aound the ICU floor a little

saxman1 said:
She will get a communication board soon so she can indicate what she is feeling or where she hurts or what she wants.

They may even put her in a wheelchair and take her aound the ICU floor a little

That is VERY good news! She sounds like a strong girl!

Hi everyone
I have just come back from being with Kally and my wife for a few days
She is doing some better,she does know where she is and what happened.
She recognizes people and trys to reach out for them for any kind of contact.
She is very scared but she was surronded by family for the past few days and I could tell she loved it.
She is trying to write and can sometimes form letters and even words.
I bought here a label maker with large letters on it so she can write and we can see on the screen what she wants.I also put new icons on her communication board for her to point at for now.
A few will let her tell her mood..

She still has the Trach but is breathing on her own,the right lung is not doing well.
Possibly within a few weeks she will go to the rehab floor of the hospital and will be there up to 6 months.

I spoke to the original ER trauma surgon and he told me it is a miracal she is alive.
Glad to be back but wish she was with me.
My wife has a tough job but she is doing fine and even with all the help there she never left Kelly's side.
When it gets tough,they run to Momma

Thanks everyone for all their support.

We will continue to pray for you and your family. Thanks for the update.

Sax

Thanks very much for the update... it was upbeat and I really like that. She must be one strong young lady...

i hope it all works out pard, things are looking up dont give up hope, i went through the same thing with my dad. its 6 years later and things are great he cant walk too good but he is all back to normal and im glad hes still here. we went through alot. but things will get better. good luck. denny

Sax,
Thank you for the very encouraging update. I am so glad to hear of the progress your family is seeing in your daughters condition. Way to be strong for her.

Thanks for the update Scott. Do they know how long she will have to be in the ICU? Sure would be nice if she was out by Christmas so you could all be with her at the same time, unless you are able to do that already.
Have you told her that there are a bunch of huntin' nuts pulling for her? :mrgreen:

Kelly has taken a turn for the worse
She went into respitory distress again,he right lung is barely working
She is back on the Ventalator and is back in the Medical Coma.

This girl is fighting so hard.

Now she has pneumonia
I am not suprised but was hoping to avoid it

Kelly is awake today and PISSED OFF according to Karen
She is writing better and want to go home.
It is just sinking in what happened to her.
Pissed off is good

Most of the shaking of her hands has stopped and she is communicating through writing and they put a valve on her Trach.

PT came down with a wheeled walker and she got up and walked.
Speech Therapy came and let her eat pureed foods.
and she is STILL PISSED OFF

Thats good news. Just try to take it one day at a time. It sounds like she has come a long way. You guy's are in our prayers.

Hulions said:
Thats good news. Just try to take it one day at a time. It sounds like she has come a long way. You guy's are in our prayers.
I couldn't have said it better. Great news Scott!
-Mike

Been away for the weekend. Kind of a roller coaster ride, but it looks like things are getting better and better. Certainly understandable that she is upset. No one knows why these things happen to wonderful people. Hang in there!

Back