Precision Long Range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Precision LONG RANGE.......

Getting ready for 1,300yds.

Green light........ SEND IT!

View attachment 32059

View attachment 32065
In my humble opinion it is an unnecessary distraction. Your time would be better spent watching the wind flags [if any]. If there arent any wind flags you'll need to watch the trees, weeds, gunsmoke etc, make your sight corrections, lock into your rifle and start your shot sequence and get the shot off before conditions change. I've always tried to keep things as uncomplicated as possible because the condition you liked could change in 5 seconds and frequently does. I have personally never had a problem getting the horizontal crosshair level. Remember..........natural point of aim, SIGHT PICTURE, breath control, trigger squeeze, follow through. Old school basics. X

In my humble opinion it is an unnecessary distraction. Your time would be better spent watching the wind flags [if any]. If there arent any wind flags you'll need to watch the trees, weeds, gunsmoke etc, make your sight corrections, lock into your rifle and start your shot sequence and get the shot off before conditions change. I've always tried to keep things as uncomplicated as possible because the condition you liked could change in 5 seconds and frequently does. I have personally never had a problem getting the horizontal crosshair level. Remember..........natural point of aim, SIGHT PICTURE, breath control, trigger squeeze, follow through. Old school basics. X
LOL................ Paul, I haven't had an issue with what I've been doing, just trying to improve on that ;)
I hope they complete the 1,300yd range up here by early spring.

i've laughed and many people missing at the "hickory ground hog shoot" because they didn't use a "level"... the slight down hill slope from left to right made nearly everybody without one shoot to the left,, & they didn't even know why!! & this was at 100yds, 250yd, & 500 yds (approximate)... You are handicapped from the start if you don't have a level on your rifle period!! especially when no "sighter" or practice shots are allowed.. There were people on both sides of me the last time i shot over there that missed to the left at 100yds... (the max score area is quite small but easy for a good 100 yd centerfire rifle). without a level, your already behind the game... (then all you have to worry about is the wind flags).. (This was many yrs ago,, i don't know if this match even exists any more... but a lot of people learned the value of a level there......

Latest posts

Back