Price for an Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flhtr

Reaction score
I'm currently considering on buying a T/C Omega in .45 Cal. with a S/S barrel. This is not the Z5 model. The gun is new. What is a reasonable price for this gun? They're asking for $495, which seems to be a very high price. I do believe that I can bargain with them on the price. I'm looking for some numbers to throw at them concerning their asking price. Thanks for any information.

Oh about $450.00 or so...sometmes you can find them for a little less(.50cal).

Thanks for the reply 6x6. Any experience with the .45 cal.?

IMO- I would buy a 50cal T/C Triumph camo and weathershield brand new for $450.00 before an Omega. Just use a 45caliber bullet. :D

Flhtr said:
Thanks for the reply 6x6. Any experience with the .45 cal.?

Yeah I've owned an Omega .45. I'm not a .45 fan except as a conical shooter. I've tried several and have NEVER found one as consistant and its .50cal counterpart.

A .50cal Omega OR Triumph surely would be a good choice!

6x6, Are you saying that the .45 Omega's are not as accurate as the .50's? Even with a scope? Maybe I should look into a .50 if the .45 is not as accurate. I liked the idea of the .45 because it seems to me (and I may be completely wrong) not too many hunters/shooters use the .45. I greatly appreciate the help you are providing me on this matter. How long have you been muzzleloading?

Flhtr said:
6x6, Are you saying that the .45 Omega's are not as accurate as the .50's? Even with a scope? Maybe I should look into a .50 if the .45 is not as accurate. I liked the idea of the .45 because it seems to me (and I may be completely wrong) not too many hunters/shooters use the .45. I greatly appreciate the help you are providing me on this matter. How long have you been muzzleloading?

No.. Certainly a .45 CAN be as accurate as a .50 BUT...for me at least it is easier to find THE load in a .50....AND there are many, MANY more bullet choices in a .50cal.

I've been in muzzleloading for about nine years...really a relative newbie to some others...but I can tell you that it's been a FAST and FURIOUS nine years!

Flhtr said:
Grouse, why do you prefer the Triumph over the Omega?

1- Better breech plug. No tools needed at all. No Blowback
2- Better factory recoil pad.
3- Lighter
4- I hate the small trigger guard on the Omega.

I also think a 50cal can be more accurate. More bullet/sabot options.

6x6, You're right about having more options with the .50. Have you completely given up hunting with a .45?

Grouse, Any difference in accuracy between these two guns?

Now, what about the benefits of the Omega over the Triumph?

One piece stock design +
Available with laminated wood +
No hinge for the barrel +
Less expensive +

Due to the availability of the one piece wood stock and being able to do a proper bedding job, I will give the accuracy nod to the Omega. Barrel quality is the same between both guns. So it takes an extra 30 seconds to take the breech plug out, no biggie.

IS the trigger guard on the Triumph bigger than the Omega? Looks like it might be in some of the pictures I've seen.

AJ, Those are all very good qualities. I really like the idea of a one piece stock. Thanks for your input.

AJ said:
Now, what about the benefits of the Omega over the Triumph?

One piece stock design +
Available with laminated wood +
No hinge for the barrel +
Less expensive +

Due to the availability of the one piece wood stock and being able to do a proper bedding job, I will give the accuracy nod to the Omega. Barrel quality is the same between both guns. So it takes an extra 30 seconds to take the breech plug out, no biggie.

I'll be the first to admit I picked every Omega attribute you did and found faults left and right for the Triumph BEFORE I bought one. NOW having owned three Omegas and two Triumphs I like the Triumph better because either the Triumph is more accurate or more likely, I can shoot it better. The Triumph has a wide forearm that fits a rest like a glove. Yes UC the trigger guard IS larger on the Triumph. I find that the Triumphs faults I had picked out BEFORE owning one, just didn't hold water. Triumph groups:

IMG_0134.JPG

Photo011.JPG

Flhtr said:
6x6, You're right about having more options with the .50. Have you completely given up hunting with a .45?

For sabots? I don't shoot a .45 anymore. Just for conicals.

Nice shooting, Grouse! With a Triumph? That Triumph is not looking too bad right now! I've shouldered an Omega, maybe it's time to pick up a Triumph and see what it feels like. As a matter of fact, I'm heading to the store today! I'm starting to hyperventilate! lol

Latest posts

Back