Price on Triumph?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panhandle

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about adding a TC Triumph to my Savage ML 11. They just put a black/blue model up at the local Wal Mart for $327. Is that a good price. Our local gunshop is getting Blackhorn in next week and I can't resist. Triumph and Blackhorn according to you guys is a good combination.
Zen

For $327, you better jump on it quick...that is a GREAT price! :shock:

Next step is to post some pics of the new gun once you get her home! 8)

Underclocked, I believe you're right about it being a special run. I haven't seen any pictures of the ones they're (wal-mart) selling. The ones I've seen with a blued barrel has a stainless receiver. The ones at wal-mart have a black receiver. I bought mine at wal-mart and the price sealed the deal for me!

I went back today to look and check again. $327 is what it is. This one has the weathershield finish. Is that standard? I want to buy now but my wife wants me to wait. I just started a new position as a pastor in our church and we're adjusting to a new budget. I see her point.This is definately a practice in self-control on my part. The guy in the sporting goods department says they have three of them but he has proved himself in the past to stretch things a little. I think I'll try and find a buyer for my .270 and that will settle it.
Zen

What brand of .270 do you have? I maybe in the market, kinda, sorta.

Got One

Hey everyone, my original plan was to order the camo triumph from cabelas but when I seen on here there was a sale I decided to save a little bit of money. On the box it says Blue/Composite but the tag on the gun itself says Weather Shield on barrels exterior, the receiver, and the trigger guard. Overall I'm happy on the money I saved. Hopefully take it out tomorrow to try it out.

Here our some pics

Muzzleloader001.jpg

Muzzleloader003.jpg

Muzzleloader008.jpg

Muzzleloader010.jpg

Voss did you buy the packaged kit? If so, go to T/C's web site and download the coupon for a free kit. Take the other one back and get your money back. Buy yourself some ammo, or, whatever. I bought one just like it. I really like the solid black look that it has.

I did buy the kit for 30 bucks, and after I ended up finding that coupon on the cabelas site. It says its a $45 Accessory package, so I thought it was different. If it is the same I will return the one I have now. Thank you

Good info guys. I also found a Walmart that had the gun for $327. My local Walmart had it for $347. Asked local Walmart to match the price. They did but there policy is to match within 50 miles. It seems the stores are in different regions, thus the price difference.

I also read somewhere( maybe on this board ) that the triumph was going to be offered in a weathershield blued finish for 2008 in addition to the silver weathershield.

Thanks for the info on the rebate starter kit. A nice bonus I was not aware of.

The rebate is listed under unique offer tab on the TC website.

Panhandle said:
I'm seriously thinking about adding a TC Triumph to my Savage ML 11. They just put a black/blue model up at the local Wal Mart for $327. Is that a good price. Our local gunshop is getting Blackhorn in next week and I can't resist. Triumph and Blackhorn according to you guys is a good combination.
Zen

While this site was down I went and bought the last $327 Triumph at the local Wal-Mart, BH209 also came in at the local gunshop. I put a Nikon 3-9x scope on it and went shooting. To say the least I was more than satisfied with the results. Everything I'd read on this site was proven to be true about this rifle and BH209. I shot some 275 Parkers, 250SSTS, and some 300 Remington's. The Parkers, the SSt's, and the Remingtons with 110gnv BH all shot right at an 1" at 100yd, but the Remington's really stood out at 200yd. The results obtained at 200yd with the Remington's were the best I'd ever shot with any rifle. It wasn't just one group but two back to back. I quit shooting the Parkers and SST's after one group and concentrated on the Remington's with the BCR sabots. After 30 shots without swabbing and the temperature rising in the 80's it still was shooting under 3". This sabot and bullet combination has been the most consistently accurate combo that I've shot in my Savage. I can't hardly believe that I've found a combination that I can be completely confident in on the first session at the range. I love my Savage but it took a lot more experimenting than that. I like this rifle!!!! Thanks for talking me into it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

These two targets were shot back to back after sighting in to hit dead on at 100yds. The point of impact was 11" low at 200yd. One group was 1 3/8", the other 1 7/16". The other lower circled three shots on the left target were 250 SST's at 200. I'm going out tomorrow to finish sighting in. I'm going to zero it in at 150 yds. According to the ballistic calculator at 1875fps /300gn Remington it should be +2.5" at 100 and -6" at 200yds. Where I hunt 200yd shots are the norm. It's wide open out here.

targets005.jpg
:p :p
Zen

How was the blowback, did you get any? Was the Speedbreech plug easy to remove? Cleaning was easy?

No blowback.....Very easy to clean....and best of all the breech plug worked perfectly.
Zen

Back