Primer for new CVA Accura MRX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Woodman's still offers brass vari-flame adapters? Brass has proven it's compatability with the brief, high pressure events shooting is all about over a couple of centuries.

My two year old Accura likes Winchester 209s the best. They are longer and seal better, so your firing pin stays cleaner. CVA recommends removing the firing pin and cleaning after every session. Of course, no one has those primers here in Albuq. I have tons of LR primers, I guess I should break down and buy the Arrowhead module. It just seems too pricey for me.

I would be willing to supply recharging, were someone interested, if we could agree to a price, and my stock of LRP be of a brand acceptable for use. Pm me if interested.

Stopped in the Dunhams again to see just how many primers they actually have. More than 18,000 cci#450 LRMP and somewhere between 30 and 40,000 cci#41 milspec mag primers
How much are they $.

Here is a QRBP with primer socket enlarged to accept the variflame adapter. It works good,.

IMG_5604.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

When magnum rifle primers are used, the plug ignites Blackhorn readily. The o-ring is used to make a better seal. When pistol primers are used, the plug does not eliminate the crud ring of 777 powder. A 22 Hornet shell holder is used to deprime, and prime the adapters. The system works, but does make for extra work compared to shotgun primers.

Latest posts

Back