Prohunter 2 Bambi 0

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultratec00

Reaction score
Finally had a decent day to hunt in maryland. First week was very hot, hit 75 degrees yesterday. Front moved through last night and dropped the temp down to high 30s. Figuring the deer would be moving this morning, hit the stand an hour before light.

Had a doe come in around 7:00am, blipped her with a quartering away shot at 35 year. Heard her drop, so took my time, swabbed the barrel, and reloaded. 20 minutes later, looked out into the clearcut and noticed a small pine tree getting raked. I could see plenty of rack at 70 yards. He became alert when the gunrail on my stand made a very slight noise when I laid the PH across it. He was quartered to me and about to bolt. Hit him at the junction of shoulder and neck. Watched him run off, but he was hit good.

In both cases, the 200 gr SW had a complete passthough. Didn't look like it from the outside with either deer, but found both exit holes after skinning. Looked like the bullet expanded decently. I'm happy with the performance and will try to post a pic of the deer in the hunting success forum.

pro hunter 2X0

Dear Ultratec00,

I am glade you scored 2 in Maryland yesterday, we did not see a Deer. :twisted: The full moon isn't helping.

That 268+ B&C non-typical was killed down your way wasn't it?
I heard from Md DNR that the hunter was getting so many phone calls he hired a PR guy and a lawyer. :roll: :roll:

Choc-dog

Re: pro hunter 2X0

I heard of two deer shot on Cobb Island that were tremendous. Pictures are on the internet somewhere.

Can't wait for late season ML, get all the locals out of the woods. More shooting than getting. There's a couple nice bucks where I'm hunting I think will make it through. Got their pics on my cuddeback not too long ago, chasing a doe in heat.

choc-dog said:
Dear Ultratec00,

That 268+ B&C non-typical was killed down your way wasn't it?
I heard from Md DNR that the hunter was getting so many phone calls he hired a PR guy and a lawyer. :roll: :roll:

Choc-dog

Latest posts

Back