QD Scope Mount?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayles

Reaction score
Which QD scope rings returns to original point of impact best for most of you.
Wayles

All of them work well although I had trouble with a set of Burris. The ones I use are Warne QD Maxima rings. I've had them on and off rifles so many times, and they always go back to where they were. Also if you get stupid like me and break one, the company replaced it for me, free of charge and no questions asked.

I have had great luck with Leupold quick release rings and bases on my Encore and Encore Pro Hunter. I think it aids in cleaning and minimizes scratching and dinging of a scope to remove them to do a complete cleaning. Always returns to the exact zero for me.

Curtis

coh-1 said:
I have had great luck with Leupold quick release rings and bases on my Encore and Encore Pro Hunter. I think it aids in cleaning and minimizes scratching and dinging of a scope to remove them to do a complete cleaning. Always returns to the exact zero for me.

Curtis
+1000

The best mounts I have ever found bar none, are the Warne MAXIMA QD.
These mounts eat all the competitions lunch.

Spitpatch said:
The best mounts I have ever found bar none, are the Warne MAXIMA QD.
These mounts eat all the competitions lunch.

I'm going to have to agree with Spit on this one. I've owned both the Leupold QD and the Warne Maxima. The finish on the Leupolds is VERY thin compared to the Warne and will show rust easily. Also..I've had the levers on the Leupolds that tighten the rings do 360 degrees..the mounts would never tighten.

The Leupold QR's have been excellent in my experience. They have very clean lines, small levers, and are not bulky.

Leupold QR's.
020-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

028.jpg

The Warne QD's are also an excellent product. The Leupold QD's are made by Warne, but use a horizontal clamp instead of a vertical one.

Warne QD's.
011-1.jpg

Back