QUICKSILVER34 ACCURA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see a back to back comparison between the knurled bullets and Thors in the same gun/load.

Out to 200yds would be good to to see if the knurling affects the long range ballistics.

You have a gun. Buy some Thor's and buy some XPB's or SST's, get two bastard files and some wool wads and go for it.

I'm not that interested. I know Thors work. I thought others might like to see it.

Muley said:
I'd love to see a back to back comparison between the knurled bullets and Thors in the same gun/load.

Out to 200yds would be good to to see if the knurling affects the long range ballistics.
I must have miss read you post then. Remember the MAXIMUM RANGE OF A EXCUSE IS ZERO METERS.

Forget it. I'm sorry I ever asked. I thought you liked playing on the range, and others might like to see how the bullets compared. You already mentioned trying the bullets at 200yds.

I just use a range to site in my gun for hunting.

Muley said:
Forget it. I'm sorry I ever asked. I thought you liked playing on the range, and others might like to see how the bullets compared. You already mentioned trying the bullets at 200yds.

I just use a range to site in my gun for hunting.
Don't know what you are trying to imply by stating that you use the range to site in your gun for hunting, but let me tell you this. Yes I go to the range a lot and I do it do develop loads to see what shoots the best and what is more accurate in each gun and at what ranges it is accurate at so i can pass it on to this s guys here, and also so i know how my guns shoot at different ranges and what is the POA at that range for the scope, so when I get out there hunting I don't have to guess at it, I know what that gun will do with out any questions what so ever, and I do it for a customer when he ask me to. Is the same thing when I was in the military and I guess is a carry over from there. we went to the range every week and shot the M 21 sniper systems all the way to 1,000 yrds and Barrets M 85 also. and even thought they had 50.000 dollars scopes on them which you can only dream about as far as the capabilities of these scopes, we had to know how the wind, heat and humidity affected this rounds going down range. So if you are saying I'm only a range shooter, so be it and I' proud of it. But let say that this range shooters has more then one kill at 1000 yrds, can you say that.

You assume too much. I never said anything but you like to go to the range and test different loads. I'll do that to a smaller degree, but I don't really enjoy it that much. Especially, for a hunting gun. A 1/2" group is not as important to a hunter as a target shooter. Nice to have, but not needed unless you're taking long shots. That's something i've avoided even when I used CF guns. My style of hunting is up close still hunting in timber. If I hunted at longer ranges. I'd do more range work, and would probably enjoy it more.

With that said. I've done my share of powder burning at a range, but that was for competition shooting I was doing at the time. Two examples are trap shooting in the 70's. I made a so so living at it for 6-7 years. You could always find me at the range between shoots.

Then again lately for CAS shooting. As you probably know. That's a 4 gun competition, and is a speed event. The more you practice. The better you get. I burned 3 cases of BP a year doing that alone.

So, i'm not unfamiliar with a shooting range. I've done some long range shooting to prepare for coyote hunting, but i'm not real serious about that. I just do it to help ranchers in the area, and they in turn give me deer vouchers.

I just wanted to see how the knurled bullets compare to Thors. Just curious, and I thought others might be too. I'm pretty set on using Thors, so I doubt i'd use anything else. Not really a big deal if you have no interest in it.

I certainly wasn't looking for an argument. How about you?

Back