QUICKSILVER34 ACCURA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well Quicksilver 34 like I promise you I went out and sighted her in for you. However I did have to use some of the bullets that I shoot since I was not getting anywhere with the ones you sent, but she is sighted in at 100 yrds and even shot it sabotless. So you be the judge on this one, and here it is.
ACCURA V2 TH STOCK 50 CAL.
BUSHNELL DOA 250
DNZ MOUNTS
WESTEN POWDER BP
BH 209 110 GR.
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS
BARNES T-EZ 250 GR., HARVESTER PT GOLD'S 260 GR., AND HORNADY SST'S 250 GR.
SABOTLESS WERE BARNES XPB 275 GR., SST'S 300 GR., WOOL WADS (PICTURE OF THE BULLETS SHOT WILL SHOW WHICH SABOT WAS USED WHICH EACH BULLET)
Quicksilver here is you gun.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA004.jpg

This is the 250 gr. SST'S.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA003.jpg

This are the PT GOLD'S 260 gr.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA002.jpg

This is the sight in target with the Barnes T-EZ 250 gr. First tow shot a bit low, made a scope adjustment, and the last three in there.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA001.jpg

These are the bullets I used to day. From left to right, Barnes, PT GOLD'S, SST'S, the other two were the sabotless ones, Barnes XPB and the SST'S
QUICKSILVERSACCURA008.jpg

Here are the targets with the sabotless ones. This are the SST'S 300 gr.. Three shot, did not touched the scope at all.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA006.jpg

This are the XPB 275 gr. three shots.
QUICKSILVERSACCURA005.jpg

As you can see your gun will shoot accurate which ever way you decide to go.
Now let me say this and I know some of you will not agree, but here it goes. We all know that the weakest link on any load is the sabots, and that is the reason a lot of us go down range looking for them to see what they look like. That said and since I have shot quite a few loads sabotless out of a regular ML and SML, I can say with any doubt in my mind that by removing the sabot and getting a bore size bullet in the bore which will be touching the lands and engraving itself to the bore, you will remove the weak link and will get a more accurate load from shot to shot regardless of how many times you shoot the gun, I know this since I do bring them home clean them and take them back out ans shoot them again sabotless and the POI remains the same. So I have come to the decision to not use sabots any more except on those guns that do required it. I get a better accuracy out of a sabotless load then one with sabot, and No you don't have to buy THOR bullets to do this, you can do it with any .500 diameter bullet and yes maybe you have to buy some files to knurl them up a bit, but that is the fun of it, and the satisfaction you will get out of it knowing something you did shoots so good. So enough said on the subject.
Carlos

Carlos :cheers: :cheers:

WOW boy howdy she is a shooter thats for sure. Yes sir carlos I sure do want to thank you my friend you do AWESOME work, and I tell you we members on this fourm are so very lucky to have a guy like you on here. You are always ready to lend a helping hand to the guys just getting into the sport and even OLD DOGS like myself. LOL :lol: BUT I have found that on forums like this 99.999999 % of everyone that is a member loves to help out each other too.
I can't wait to shoot her, I feel like a kid at Christmas.
Again Carlos you have been a big help to me and I want to THANK YOU !!!!!!!

All of those are great groups and a hole lot better than I will be able to do.

Well the wife is going to be mad when I ask her to move over and make room for this pritty girl. LOL

well just looked and found out that I have some of all of these.

BARNES T-EZ 250 GR., HARVESTER PT GOLD'S 260 GR., AND HORNADY SST'S 250 GR.

AND I FOUND SOME Barnes 250 gr Expander MZ also. But I do want to try this sabitless stuff too looks like alot of fun.

Wow quicksilver34, looks like you have a tackdriver on your hands......good looking gun.

Thanks Backcountry I have been wanting one of these for some time well ever sence I seen Carlose's Range reports with them. And X2 after the reports from so many others that had bought one. This will be my FIRST NEW ML in 6yrs. :affraid: WOW can't believe its been that long, But the ones I do have are Sweet Shooters too. Actually this is my Fathers day Present from my Kids and the BOSS lol I sure do LOVE all 5 of them :heart: I would be lost if I didn't have the Boss :Bat: telling me what to do :Hide: LOL

Quicksilver, it was my pleasure helping you in which ever way I could , and actually going out and shooting the gun was also a pleasure since I love doing it so much, and it lets me check thing out and like that I know everything is alright. I'm sorry it took me so long to get it done, but I get so busy sometimes I don't even have time to shoot my own, but she is ready for you and I know you will enjoy it. She will go out tomorrow and you should have it by Wed. I hope to see some of your reports soon.
Carlos

Congrats on the new gun quick! I think you're really going to enjoy it!

:D
Good luck with your new rifle. Your 100% correct :!: We are very lucky to have Carlos around here. He shares his knowledge and helps in many ways. More then most of us know :!: :!:

Ray........ ;)

Thank's guys I am looking forward to see how she handles !

Carlos That sounds good will be watching for it. Also I was in no big hurry so please don't appologize for anything. If I was in that big of a hurry to get it I would have not asked you to shoot it for me. Just wanted to see what she would do in the hands of a SUPER SHOOTER , before I got ahold of it and showed everyone that I am not that good of a shot . LOL
Again Thank you so much for takin the time to play with it.

AND THAT IS WHAT WE ALL CALL GOING THE EXTRA MILE FOR A CUSTOMER !!!!!!!! :cheers:

I will be ordering some of the BULK Barnes from you as well .

Going sabotless (metal to metal vs. metal to plastic to metal) would certainly seem to take care of any " play" or "wobble" between the bullet and the rifling. Makes alot of sense to me in terms of consistency.

:?: Question for you cvilorio:

In your experience with sabotless, is there such a thing as "over-knurling" the bullet where too tight degrades accuracy :?:

inline50 said:
Going sabotless (metal to metal vs. metal to plastic to metal) would certainly seem to take care of any " play" or "wobble" between the bullet and the rifling. Makes alot of sense to me in terms of consistency.

:?: Question for you cvilorio:

In your experience with sabotless, is there such a thing as "over-knurling" the bullet where too tight degrades accuracy :?:

X2

Tony said:
Carlos, is there a bullet that fits the Apex/Accura without knurling?
Since Carlos isn't on as much as usual, you would be looking at the THOR or the Hornady FPB. They both have molded copper "skirts" that flare upon firing to fill the lands & grooves of the barrel.

The Accura V2 loves the Thors, i'd highly suggest you get a sizing sample and see which size you need.

FrontierGander said:
The Accura V2 loves the Thors, i'd highly suggest you get a sizing sample and see which size you need.

I send for a sample pack and it was here in only 2 days :D Just waiting for the gun to arrive now so I can see whitch one it will take.

Also just orderd some 275gr .500 Barns Expanders MZ although they will come with the sabots to fit a 54cal I will save the sabots and just try the MZ sabitless.

Quick
Where did you get the .500 Barnes with sabots for the .54 barrels?

I will try to answer every ones questions, so here it goes. Inline 50 and Quicksilver, yes you can over knurled a bullet to the point that is hard to get down the barrel, but it does not hurt accuracy what so ever. when you star knurling you just a take your time and knurl up a bit at the time and keep trying the bullet in the bore until you get to the point that you can strat them with your fingers and then use a short starter or ram rod to push them down the bore until they are seated firmly on top of the wad and powder charge. When you get it right you will feel the bullet making contact with the lands as it slides down the barrel, once you get the first one right you will know exactly how much you have to knurl the rest up just by looking at the one you just did. Tony, there are some bullets like the Hornady FPB or FBP can remember which one and the Thor which you get a sample pack to size your bore. Both are expensive, and by knurling you are basically doing the same thing and you have a much bigger choice than those two bullets. I have found out that basically all the ACURAS V2 I have shot sabotless have about the same bore size and the same bullet that I have knurled up for mine will work great. Point proven when I shot Quicksilver's gun sabotless Sunday. Those bullets where knurl up to fit my gun and I just took them and put them in his, perfect fit and the target speaks for itself. You can buy most of this bullets thru me in bulk packs with out sabots or you can buy them where ever it is easier for you. The reason I have gone to the sabotless route was it gives a whole more bullets that I can use in 50 cal. and specially the 45 cal. and I don't have to brake the bank and they are extremely more accurate and consistent. I hope I answer all your questions, but if I did not just PM me or e-mail me at my new e-mail address [email protected], and I will help you all I can.
CArlos

Latest posts

Back