ramrod sticks out past barrel?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson

Reaction score
Does it hurt anything if the ramrod sticks out past the barrel. I bought a barnes bullet starter tip and do not want to take it on and off all the time

Thanks

actually it makes them easier to grab. The only thing you have to worry about is if any part of the ramrod covers the opening of the muzzle. Then you might have a problem.

cayuga said:
actually it makes them easier to grab. The only thing you have to worry about is if any part of the ramrod covers the opening of the muzzle. Then you might have a problem.

I should say so!

Alot of times a ramrod past the crown,,,will make a bullet shoot high. 8)

While i do not know if it hurts anything or not,but i sure do not like the way it looks sticking out past the barrel.I have a knight Magnum Disc Rifle and a Tip Protecter on the ram rod, and it sticks out past the barrel about a 1/2".I do not like the way it looks,i would much perfer it to be back from the barrel end about a 1/2".I wish knight would have drill the end of there stocks deeper ,so as the let the ram rod be back away's from the end of the barrel.Infact i hate the looks of it so bad,that if i find some place that can/will make a custom ram rod for me i am going to get one a 1" shorter than the factory ram rod so as when i screw on the tip protecter it will be back from the end of the barrel about a 1/2".
Anyone here know of any place where one can get a custom ram rod made to order?
lawson said:
Does it hurt anything if the ramrod sticks out past the barrel. I bought a barnes bullet starter tip and do not want to take it on and off all the time

Thanks

http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/item_index.asp

Their Hunter Super Rods are great and they make them in a number of diameters and lengths. Probably have what you need as a stock offering (81 variations) but if not, give them a holler and I expect they'll fix you right up. They offer a number of loading jag shapes and can probably fit one suitable to the rod and bullet from the get-go.

In the "Select Item Category" box, look for Super Rod Hunter.

ps: I have a seating adapter on the end of my Umag's ramrod and it sticks out about a half inch. I sighted in using that rod to load and had the rod in the rifle when firing. Shoots great.

Thanks for the link there Underclocked.Looks like they might be able to fix me up.
Underclocked said:
http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/item_index.asp

Their Hunter Super Rods are great and they make them in a number of diameters and lengths. Probably have what you need as a stock offering (81 variations) but if not, give them a holler and I expect they'll fix you right up. They offer a number of loading jag shapes and can probably fit one suitable to the rod and bullet from the get-go.

In the "Select Item Category" box, look for Super Rod Hunter.

ps: I have a seating adapter on the end of my Umag's ramrod and it sticks out about a half inch. I sighted in using that rod to load and had the rod in the rifle when firing. Shoots great.

Back