Range Box recommendations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenhead3

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good range box for all the necessaries? Does a fishing tackle box work very good? Thanks...

Range Box

MTM BP Range Box $13.99 at Cabelas. I have one and love it. I think Gander and probably most shooting stores would have this.

Seal moisture out and keep your powder and accessories in perfect shooting order with this weather-resistant, O-ring-sealed dry box. A lift-out tray makes for easy organization and the top-access lid compartment holds accessories you need to get to quickly. Thick sidewall construction with a heavy-duty latch and padlock tabs for safe storage. Accessories not included.
Size: 15" x 8-7/8" x 9-3/8".

i also have that box and works great! i don't see why a tackle box wouldn't work

Go to wally world go back to the were the tool boxes are look at a stanly it is black and yellow upright box it has a pull handle wheels 3 diff large compartments that stacks the top one has a lift out tray, I just bought one and it holds all my stuff that I had in 3 diff boxes well worth the money. the cost was $ 26.00

Ron G.

Consider that you will want to swab your gun while at the range. I have a range box with removable saddles and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. My point, there are SEVERAL boxes available that have removable saddles to cradle your gun in. Makes swabbing between shots at the range less of a chore. The cradles pull out and store in the box when closed.

I use the MTM SPUD7 Utility Dry Box. It will hold a lot of stuff. I've been very happy with it!
SPUD7-09.jpg

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=SPUD7-09&type=store

I use a plastic tool box (about $9 from Home Depot) for most of my gear, and a canvas tool bag ($6 from Harbor Freight) for an enormous variety of bullets.

001-Copy.jpg

The problem I always have with range boxes is that they are never large enough. So, I bought a BIG one. Now it's too heavy. :roll:

One thing for sure...when buying any range box be sure to get one that's deep enough to allow powder bottles to stand straight up. Nothing takes up valuable space worse than bottles laying on their side.

lungbuster1 said:
Go to wally world go back to the were the tool boxes are look at a stanly it is black and yellow upright box it has a pull handle wheels 3 diff large compartments that stacks the top one has a lift out tray, I just bought one and it holds all my stuff that I had in 3 diff boxes well worth the money. the cost was $ 26.00

Ron G.

Thanks bro! You just gave me a use for the one sitting in garage for the last 3 years that I had got as a Christmas present.

I use a tacklebox. Works great. Just make sure you get one that is big enough. It's amazing how much stuff you acquire and take to the range and I might add they're all essential :wink: .

Latest posts

Back