Traditions unboxing and delivery.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this data designed for the 50 caliber barrel, or the 45 caliber barrel.

Should there be some loads for the 200 grain 40 caliber bullets, if it is for the 45 ?
Looks like they combined them ???? I’m interested in the .40 w/.45 sabot also, I have some nice cutting edge 240 grain if they fly, could be good. or Great.
Without endorsements from Hodgekins/Blackhorn & published data I imagine it’s tricky legally with load data liability. I’ll use bLackhorn as long as available for inline and prefer around 100-110 grains measured (weight equivalent)
Same for 777 in traditional. With the .45 hope to reduce recoil retaining accuracy to 250 yds.
Hopefully there will be some YouTube or reviews on the .45 pursuit soon, not much out there yet

Attachments

• 326C28CA-3CC4-47ED-A7AA-BE692144A5BB.jpeg
    326C28CA-3CC4-47ED-A7AA-BE692144A5BB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • BDCD24D0-FF09-4722-B715-A3D450AF08A4.png
    BDCD24D0-FF09-4722-B715-A3D450AF08A4.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like they combined them ???? I’m interested in the .40 w/.45 sabot also, I have some nice cutting edge 240 grain if they fly, could be good. or Great.
Without endorsements from Hodgekins/Blackhorn & published data I imagine it’s tricky legally with load data liability. I’ll use bLackhorn as long as available for inline and prefer around 100-110 grains measured (weight equivalent)
Same for 777 in traditional. With the .45 hope to reduce recoil retaining accuracy to 250 yds.
Hopefully there will be some YouTube or reviews on the .45 pursuit soon, not much out there yet
The load data given in the manual is for a 50 caliber barrel, with a 45 caliber bullet in a sabot.

I bought the same rifle several weeks ago and could not find any load data in the manual for the 45. I called Traditions and talked to a lady about the problem. She promised to address the problem, but I have not seen any correction on their website. At this point in time, I do not think the company has done what they should have done.

If I did a review of the rifle right now, it would not be good.

Last edited:
What happened to the range report? Did all the load data talk scare him off from shooting it ?

Back