Range Day Results with CVA Accura LR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzle-loader

Reaction score
We took the CVA Accura LR-X out to the range on Friday for some testing. In the first two images, we used 150 grains of IMR White Hots and the Hornady Bore Driver FTX bullets. We were pretty excited with the performance at 300 yards, however, the 100-grain charge seemed to outperform the 150-grain charge at 100 yards.

1647880153326.JPEG1647880153307.JPEG1647880426308.JPEG

We were pretty excited with the performance at 300 yards, however, the 100-grain charge seemed to outperform the 150-grain charge at 100 yards.

I think that’s pretty common. Often (usually?) “max” loads aren’t the best for accuracy.

That 100-yard group sure shows “potential!“ :p

Plenty of game was taking by the .45-70 Govt. cartridge loaded with 70 grains of black powder, back in the day. 👍

Last edited:
I think that’s pretty common. Often (usually?) “max” loads aren’t the best for accuracy.

Plenty of game was taking by the .45-70 Govt. cartridge loaded with black powder, back in the day! 👍
Thats very true about max charges, I like fast & flat-shooting bullets as I can get away with. So I start out with max or close to max charges then try to find a bullet that will give me the accuracy I want at that MV.

How did you like those FTX bore drivers? I bought a couple packages to try out but haven't made it out to the range yet.

Our range tests have shown the BoreDrivers to be quite accurate on paper. We have yet to test them with ballistic gel so we don't know exactly how they will perform on game but we have heard excellent things from our community members that used them last fall.

Good groups.
What is your velocity?
150gr charge
100gr charge

Ron’s test shows this bullet has poor performance when it slows.
Photo at approximately 1250-1300fps
0C9F0C06-030C-4E83-A196-62A96B7A5C8F.jpeg

Looks like a good day at the range! Thanks for sharing. I’m in the market for a new inline muzzleloader and am very interested in the CVA Accura models. How do you like it? It looks like it shoots great. Did you consider the MR-X? What caliber is your gun? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Our range tests have shown the BoreDrivers to be quite accurate on paper. We have yet to test them with ballistic gel so we don't know exactly how they will perform on game but we have heard excellent things from our community members that used them last fall.
Do you plan on doing a ballistics get test? If so keep us posted.

Back