Range Report, 250gr Parker Hydra Con Sabots- Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Chuck i shot those today with 100gr Pyrodex RS @ 100 yards. I forgot my cleaning jag so i was unable to swab.

Good news is, the 3 shots i took without swabbing, i can cover the entire group with a Dime! :lol: :lol: I'll get a pic up pretty soon. I have to take take the pic and then cover over the hole and clean the rifle for the 150yrd Powerbelt shooting.

Thanks Chuck! Those shot F-in sweet!

Picture496-1.jpg

Picture497-1.jpg

Damned if i didnt forget to tape up the hole! Ah thats ok, the 405's will have a pretty good drop at 150.

That is really some good shooting.. if that is a legal deer load for your season, that would make an excellent combination. Excellent shooting.

I have to settle for a measly elk this year during rifle season. No deer tags left for my unit :cry:

After i cleaned the rifle, i went back out with 80g pyrodex RS, rem kleanbore primer and a 405gr Powergelt and took my shooting sticks out to 150 yards. 2" 3 shot group at 150 i think was pretty good for shooting off my homemade $10 sticks :lol: Any elk within 175 yards is a goner. I am sighted dead on @ 100 and at 150, i am 4 1/4" low.

200 yards would even be doable if i could get it on paper to see that actual drop. I'd have to cut a new trail up the side of a mountain to squeeze out that much.

WOW! THAT is what I'm talking about!

You should go a little southeast of you to Texas for a whitetail. VERY generous bag limits and license OTC.

thats what ive heard! Wyoming too has a better bag limit than we do in colorado and the tags are cheap.

FG- I wish those bullets shot that well in my omega. I was able to pick up a bunch of them for nothing from work a year or so ago. I shot them all up as practice, I just couldn't get them to shoot better than 1.5-2" at 100.

bag limits

Come to Mississippi, we can kill 3 bucks, 3 does, and 2 additional anterless deer with a bow!!!

In VA it is 3 bucks per year and unlimited does (only 2 per day) as long as you keep buying tags. New this year, the archery season in a couple of Northern VA counties starts Sept 6 (antlerless only for a month) and the season goes through the end of March (last 3 months are antlerless only). Seven months of deer hunting! I will be divorced by this time next year...

vabowhntr said:
In VA it is 3 bucks per year and unlimited does (only 2 per day) as long as you keep buying tags. New this year, the archery season in a couple of Northern VA counties starts Sept 6 (antlerless only for a month) and the season goes through the end of March (last 3 months are antlerless only). Seven months of deer hunting! I will be divorced by this time next year...

Very similar in Alabama.... 3 bucks per season(one of which must have 4 points or more on one side) and you can shoot two deer per day(two does or one doe/one buck). Basically one could shoot three bucks AND then two does EVERY day.

Back