RANGE REPORT ( KRB7 )

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well fellers just couldn't waite any longer

Today i tried out the KRB shooting BIG LED ,
after it took 5 shots at 30 yds to get it sighted in fairly close I moved back to 50 yds in the .504 bullets I shot these were
Underclocks : 443gr U C Shorts
Bullshop : 495gr NEX
PR : 450gr Ultimate 1
With 80gr & 85gr of 777 2fg THESE Three BULLETS SHOT Almost a 1 ragged hole at 50 & 75 yds. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE.

The .503 NO EXC 460gr & 495 gr
Hornadys G P 385 gr
and TC Maxi hunters 350 gr
were all to loose .

as soon as I can figg. out why my picx are not down loading I will be posting some.

Called DAN at bULLSHOP TONIGHT AND ORDERD SOME OF underclocks
U C Shorts and some 460gr and 495 gr NEX . Will stay with these for awhile playing with Diff powder loades to narrow it down even more. next time will be at 100 yds and 150 yds.

I would Recomend the KRB to any one that is looking for a conical GUN

RON G.

WOW!! that is a good report. I have heard that they are conical shooters.

If you want, email them to me and I'll put them in this thread for you. :)

Lungbuster any pics of the gun or the targets you shot?
Sorry I seen you were having trouble posting pics.

Great to hear. I have not shot mine yet due to not getting my priorities in the right place. I bought it with the intention of making it a conical shooter for Elk in Arizona. Sounds like it will be a toss up between the Whites and the KRB. I like the feel of the KRB a little bette than my 97's as they feel like the stock is too short for me. I am 6' and 160 lbs. Some say the 97's fit stockier people better??? The KRB fits me like a glove with a scope on it. Without the scope the sights are difficult for me to get down far enough to see well.

MLKeith

I am 5' 10 and I weigh 225
I also had probblems with the open sights but I think it was lust my old eyes.

I do love this gun am so very happy that I went with it it is a great shooter with the .504 U C shorts 443gr & the NEX 460 & 495gr Bullets by Bullshop. and he won't say BUT I think that UNDERCLOCKED Created the U C SHORTS , but you can get them threw Dan to.

after shooting it took me about 7 min. to give it a good scrubbing has to be the easyest ML I have ever cleaned.

RON G.

Glad to see your post as another guy claims his is not as accurate as his Omega and not as easy to clean. That completely confused me as I have an Omega and the KRB and the Knight is easier to disassemble for cleaning. Not sure what he was talking about. I do know the accuracy thing was with sabots and he had not shot any conicals. Not a problem for me as I do not intend to shoot sabots in the KRB although I suspect that it would shoot them as well as the Omega if the correct ones were used. Sure hope I get the time to shoot mine before next year but may not as I run a small business and am way behind on orders plus planning on going to Oregon for Christmas (youngest son works for Nike). What primers did you use and how was the blow back into the action? With the domed breechplug I hoped that it would be reduced. I also have some of the Variflame adaptors to try with it when I get the chance. I like the .25ACP conversion for my Omega so I got the adaptors to see if they work as well in the KRB as the .25ACP conversion does in the Omega.

I used the Win. 777 Primers
Blowback not bad at all did not get any on the bottom of my scope at all,
did not get any gumming of the action at all
after shooting and cleaning again the block action is lossening up really nice. was a little stiff at first.

I don't think you will be DISSAPointed at all with yours.

RON G.

MLKeith said:
Glad to see your post as another guy claims his is not as accurate as his Omega and not as easy to clean. That completely confused me as I have an Omega and the KRB and the Knight is easier to disassemble for cleaning. Not sure what he was talking about. I do know the accuracy thing was with sabots and he had not shot any conicals. Not a problem for me as I do not intend to shoot sabots in the KRB although I suspect that it would shoot them as well as the Omega if the correct ones were used. Sure hope I get the time to shoot mine before next year but may not as I run a small business and am way behind on orders plus planning on going to Oregon for Christmas (youngest son works for Nike). What primers did you use and how was the blow back into the action? With the domed breechplug I hoped that it would be reduced. I also have some of the Variflame adaptors to try with it when I get the chance. I like the .25ACP conversion for my Omega so I got the adaptors to see if they work as well in the KRB as the .25ACP conversion does in the Omega.

I've heard enough to convince me that if I can't find a conical that I can hunt elk with and my Omega shoots good, I'll give the KRB a shot. I know I'll never get the groups that most here get because I can't hunt with a scope so I don't plan on getting one. I'll practice with the same sights and loads that I'll hunt with. Do you have any conical suggestions you know of that someone is having success with in an Omega?

I have had reasonable results with Powerbelts. I only checked at 100 yards and could hold about a two inch group with the 295gr. and a little better with the heavier ones. I was using both Pyrodex and Black Mag'3. I actually got the best groups with about 85gr. Pyrodex and 348gr. powerbelt aerotip. I also suspect that the Harvester Saber Tooth would shoot in the Omega. As long as there is a skirt on the Conical to seal the pressure when the QLA is approached the conical will fly true. If there is no seal at the base of the conical to bridge the gap at the QLA I suspect the excaping gasses around the bullet causes instability (just my opinion of why the QLA barrels tend to not shoot solid conicals). I never tried it but I suspect that two felt wads at the base of a solid conical might also let the bullet fly true from the barrel as the wads will retain gas until they exit the barrel completely. Once I got a White I stopped trying to shoot conicals out of the Omega. Now that I have the KRB also I think I am good for conical rifles.

Ha ha, I'm the guy on another forum.... When I said that the Omega was easier to clean, I meant that you don't have to take out the trigger and action to pull the breech plug, like you do on the KRB. The KRB is definitely easier to take apart for a thorough cleaning than the Omega is, since T/C doesn't even recommend taking the Omega's action off of the gun. I can say that the blowback with the domed plug is about the same as other Knight's I've had that didn't use a plastic jacket or a domed plug, but there is definitely no crud ring of any kind when you are shooting, which I think was the main purpose of the domed plug.

MLKeith said:

kyelkhunter3006 said:
Ha ha, I'm the guy on another forum.... When I said that the Omega was easier to clean, I meant that you don't have to take out the trigger and action to pull the breech plug, like you do on the KRB. The KRB is definitely easier to take apart for a thorough cleaning than the Omega is, since T/C doesn't even recommend taking the Omega's action off of the gun. I can say that the blowback with the domed plug is about the same as other Knight's I've had that didn't use a plastic jacket or a domed plug, but there is definitely no crud ring of any kind when you are shooting, which I think was the main purpose of the domed plug.

Glad to see that we all read the same forums. As far as taking the Omega action apart it would have been nice if T/C had mentioned that the pins on the trigger group are held in with set screws. I almost messed mine up trying to get the pins out without removing the screws. Finally looked closer and found them. Sometimes T/C is a little lax on information. I sure hope the domed plug reduces or eliminates the crud ring as my Omega is so bad there is no way I can use Tripple Seven. I have all three T/C plugs plus the .25ACP and the Omega still makes a crud ring.

Latest posts

Back