Range Report: T/C Encore Endeavor **PICS**

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks SW thats what I needed to know. I wasn't sure how they measured them and this has confirmed my thinking on it. Now I can build up a set of blocks to the height that they specify and set my scope on them and know what the bell clearance will be.

DC

minst7877 said:
Thanks SW thats what I needed to know. I wasn't sure how they measured them and this has confirmed my thinking on it. Now I can build up a set of blocks to the height that they specify and set my scope on them and know what the bell clearance will be.

DC

I mainly got the high rings to clear the hammer better. Even with the swing hammer there's still a little interference with lower rings. I don't like my thumb touching the scope at all when I cock the hammer. Right now it feels just fine with the higher rings. But if I get tired of it and want a tighter stock weld, I'll just use something to pad and build up the stock for my cheek.

I don't have the hammer problem on mine as they are going on the Savage ML II. But the scope that I just received is a 3 x 9 x 50 so I needed to figure out what ring height I needed to clear that big bell. I checked it out this morning and the highs will give me 3/16 of a inch clearance to the barrel. I can now get them on order and start getting this thing set up.

DC

minst7877 said:
I don't have the hammer problem on mine as they are going on the Savage ML II. But the scope that I just received is a 3 x 9 x 50 so I needed to figure out what ring height I needed to clear that big bell. I checked it out this morning and the highs will give me 3/16 of a inch clearance to the barrel. I can now get them on order and start getting this thing set up.

DC

Cool. I wouldn't have gone with a 50mm scope because I think it's more of a pain than it's worth, but to each their own. Those high rings should give you plenty of clearance for that large scope.

Back