Range time with the family

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
The weather was warm today and the wind was a little strong. My wife and seven year old son went to the range with me today. We shot the S&W 15-22, Browning Buckmark, and the Taurus raging bull(my son didn't shot this one :tongue: ). After checking zeros and hitting the steel plates we setup some water jugs. I challenged my son to hit a 5 hour energy bottle at 50 yards with his rifle. He was using a grip pod and a bench and hit it after a few shots. The 4X power scope helps. 
Then we challenged each other to a shooting game. He was using the same setup mentioned before and I had the buckmark with a red dot mounted on top. The challenge was to hit the 6"X6" steel plate at 50 yards. He would have to close the bolt, remove the safety but started with the rifle against his shoulder. I had to pick up the pistol and release the slide. I lost three times  :cry: but got the first shot off twice. Speed was good accuracy was just a bit off. He hit first shot each time, my wife did the same drill since she thought it was funny I was getting beat. She never got a shot off. 
So what drills or games do you guys do?  He wants to try the same game next time at the rifle range and he will let me use my AR to make it fair :bow:

How many times have I heard that? "Oh, that's so easy, I can do it better."   :p

My wife took some video without us knowing it and once I have it condensed I will post it. On the way home my wife was playing the video and each time she said go I found myself going through the motions and the shot played when I felt like I would be shooting. I had a hit each time though in my mind!  I think it was a good exercise to teach accuracy and safe speed. I've met guys that are fast and guys that are accurate. The great ones are both.

Latest posts

Back