Really glad I got a borescope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacanis

Reaction score
I mentioned on the other forum about losing patches, patch worms getting stuck and pulling apart, can't use my scraper or turn the cleaning rod with jag and patch when it's all the way down the bore...
I was also experiencing a lot of misfires, hangfires, inconsistent groups, occassional shots that just didn't sound or feel right...
All in my Pedersoli .32.

It looks like after several Pedersolis I finally got one that contributed to all the negative chatter you read about them.

After reading the other thread where pictures were posted of what a borescope can do, I finally bought one. An $89 Teslong off Amazon that WiFi's to my phone.

And lookee what I saw in the first bore I used it in. The .32...
IMG_2003.JPG

No wonder I was experiencing all these problems. Pedersolis quality craftsmen apparently don't bother fitting the vent liner. One size fits all mentality I guess.

After a little work and being properly cleaned
IMG_2062.JPG

And everything about the gun improved. Vastly.

Must have tool IMO.
Now I can really start enjoying my gun.
IMG_2053.jpg

Davide is going to get an email.
I'm curious if they will respond or what they'll say.

Shoddy word indeed. I wonder how many go out the door like that?
It's a Kentucky. I re-did the stock myself. Thanks.

Kentucky, thats an older model. I have a Scout fairly light n slender. Has several places where limbs have grown out of the trunk as the tree grows. I don't know the laymans term of the name they are called. Anyway the stock should have not left the factory at the price they charged. Almost impossible now to get returned. Bump in the road of life i reckon.

Shoddy word indeed. I wonder how many go out the door like that?
It's a Kentucky. I re-did the stock myself. Thanks.
i was about to say thats the prettiest Pedersoli i have seen. If it gives you anymore trouble just send it to me! i will fix it and return it.
after i die!:D
i bought a teslong also. was sorry after because it showed me just how lousy a job i was doing cleaning!
now i use it only for checking breech plug seating and vent liner inspection.

i was about to say thats the prettiest Pedersoli i have seen. If it gives you anymore trouble just send it to me! i will fix it and return it.
after i die!:D
i bought a teslong also. was sorry after because it showed me just how lousy a job i was doing cleaning!
now i use it only for checking breech plug seating and vent liner inspection.

Very generous offer...

😆

I mentioned on the other forum about losing patches, patch worms getting stuck and pulling apart, can't use my scraper or turn the cleaning rod with jag and patch when it's all the way down the bore...
I was also experiencing a lot of misfires, hangfires, inconsistent groups, occassional shots that just didn't sound or feel right...
All in my Pedersoli .32.

It looks like after several Pedersolis I finally got one that contributed to all the negative chatter you read about them.

After reading the other thread where pictures were posted of what a borescope can do, I finally bought one. An $89 Teslong off Amazon that WiFi's to my phone.

And lookee what I saw in the first bore I used it in. The .32...
View attachment 35350

No wonder I was experiencing all these problems. Pedersolis quality craftsmen apparently don't bother fitting the vent liner. One size fits all mentality I guess.

After a little work and being properly cleaned
View attachment 35351

And everything about the gun improved. Vastly.

Must have tool IMO.
Now I can really start enjoying my gun.
View attachment 35352
That's dandy, Say you have a model number or link to that there $89 Teslong Borescope?

Latest posts

Back